~30~

The moment that sword had sailed over our heads the white rabbit had taken off. I would've too if I had a choice. Sure, I could take off, but that wouldn't be very helpful to anyone.

My knees shook uncontrollably, but I was glad to see I wasn't the only one. Sakura's whole body trembled and Naruto had his fists clenched so hard the blood seeped out if his palm. Sasuke and I fared a little better, but the air was still suffocating.

I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die AGAIN. Right here. Right now.

"Everyone calm down!"

I hadn't even realized that my hand had slipped into my kunai pouch until I felt my fingertips graze metal. It had been so long since I had felt something as dark as this. A very long time. It had taken me quite a while to get over it with the help of Tenzo. However, I could never truly forget the feeling and the sight of all that blood. Their blood.

"W-what is this?" Sakura stammered.

"Killing intent." I grit out through clenched teeth.

"That doesn't matter!" Naruto exclaimed, stepping forward. "I'll get this guy no problem!"

Kakashi's arm quickly shot out, blocking his student's way as he shook his head.

"No, Naruto," Kakashi said. "I don't quite think you understand the gravity of the situation."

"Naruto, that man is Zabuza Momochi, a man well known because he slaughtered his entire graduating class without batting an eye." I said with a shiver. "He's dangerous."

"Well, it seems like some of your genin are well educated." Zabuza chuckled. "But that won't get them anywhere in the real world."

Sakura looked especially broken after he said that. Books were her life, she studied endlessly to succeed as a kunoichi and impress Sasuke. However, in the real world, smarts did little to prevent your own death. It just wasn't good enough to be smart.

"All of you, stand back," Kakashi said, reaching for his headband. "And protect the client."

I had seen it before, but it was just all the more impressive in person. Watching the sharingan come to life in person just made this all seem so much more... Clear.

It was even clearer than ever before. The sharingan, the blood lust, the fear.

This is the world of shinobi, and things were real. Injuries were bound to happen, lives would be lost, and if everything went as it did in the show. There would be death.

I clenched my fists.

How could I possibly change things? Everything will end up the same as before.

There's nothing I can do.

What can I do?

The three black tomoes swirled around Kakashi's pupil, in a pool of red which was his eye.

Zabuza yanked his sword out of the tree, gripping the handle and swinging int down.

I still hadn't moved from my spot. Pushing up my glasses as I analyzed the situation. My bow rested in my hand, my right hand free to react by grabbing an arrow or kunai.

When Zabuza charged, every one seemed to snap out of their daze, finally jumping into action. Sasuke took the front, Sakura; the rear, Naruto; the left, and I took the right.

Kakashi held a kunai, spinning it around once before catching it and lowering himself closer to the ground in a taijutsu stance. Zabuza chuckled, shouldering his heavy blade.