~28~

Sasuke and I made it back to the group just before the sun had completely set. Kakashi and Tazuna sat off to the side, just staring at each other as Tazuna drank nervously. Sakura was busy yelling at Naruto while aggressively bandaging his hand.

"You idiot!" Sakura exclaimed, tying the ends of the bandages together viciously.

"S-sorry, Sakura," Naruto cowed, going silent.

"What happened while we were gone?" Sasuke asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"One of the shinobi that attacked had scratched Naruto with his claws, which we found out were coated with poison." Sakura sighed. "Naruto stabbed his hand to get the poison out and then declared that he would never run away. Long story short; Naruto was being a dumbass and I smacked some sense into him."

"Must've been a lot of smacking," I snickered. "Naruto is intellectually challenged."

"I'm not intellutrual challenged... Intel... Whatever you said!" Naruto pouted.

I just smiled; I did feel a little better now.

~~~~~

"Alright, listen up,"

Kakashi caught our attention, his face illuminated only by the flickering flames of our campfire and a scarce amount of moonlight.

"Naruto is injured, Yuuto has gone through some... Stuff. We were just attacked by two shinobi ranked high chuunin, and Tazuna lied about the mission ranking, this is probably a B-rank, or possible A-rank." Kakashi sighed, his face slack. "We should go back to the village first thing tomorrow."

"No way!" Naruto exclaimed. "We can't just abandon the mission!"

"I agree with Naruto," I nodded, now out of my shaken state. "We should at least hear Tazuna's reasoning for lying and then try to help as much as we can."

"Naruto has already gotten the poison out of his system and I've performed first aid," Sakura added. "While I don't know any medical jutsu, Naruto should be fine to continue, he hasn't passed out from blood loss."

I sat there in a moment of shock. Maybe I had misjudged Sakura? In the future, I could see Sakura becoming a valuable asset to our team and Konoha.

"I have a feeling Naruto will be fine, it's Yuuto's mental state I'm worried about." Kakashi sighed. "Do all of you agree that we should continue the mission?"

"We have to!" Naruto exclaimed, standing up and staring everyone down individually.

"We haven't heard Tazuna out yet." Sakura kind of agreed.

"I really want to get paid." Sasuke huffed.

I snorted, giving Sasuke a 'what the fuck?' look. Sasuke shrugged.

"If this mission turns out to be something much bigger than expected it's always nice to be able to brag about it later." I smirked.

Jokes on them, I already know that this is going to spiral out of control. Well, sort of. My memory is fuzzy.

"Tazuna, looks like it's your turn now." Kakashi said, making everyone look to the half-drunk Tazuna.

"Gather round kiddies, I guess it's story time." Tazuna grumbled, bringing the bottle of alcohol to his lips before it was snatched away.

"Story now, drink later." Kakashi ordered, waggling his finger as a parent would to their misbehaving toddler.

"Whatever..." Tazuna grunted.

~~~~~

A man named Gato took over the Land of Waves and all of their ports, making him a dictator of the area. He rules with an iron fist and kills anyone who dares to stand in his way. Gato also dabbles into the illegal drug industry and makes any and all profits from all trade go to him. Because of that, the people are very poor and living there is a struggle. The people were living in constant fear.

I knew the feeling quite well, after spending Kami knows how long in that place. Fear was something I had grown accustomed to; I guess you could say that fear and I go way back.

Anyway, Tazuna is working on constructing a bridge to the mainland, which will open trade opportunities since no one can safely travel by water anymore. Of course, since the bridge will bring hope and prosperity to the people, Gato is trying his best to shut it down. How? By killing Tazuna of course. And in order to do that, Gato has been hiring shinobi to kill him, hence the attack earlier.

"Is a normal mission really too much to ask for?" Kakashi whines. "I just wanted to relax, read, and get paid."

"Look on the bright side Kakashi-sensei," Sakura chirped. "If this mission is a B-rank or A-rank like you said, you'll get paid even more! Then you can spend it on whatever you want!"

"I doubt it's the pay he's worried about, he probably just wanted a short, easy, laidback mission." Sasuke scoffed, his arms crossed.

"Am I that predictable?" Kakashi gasped.

"Kind of?" Naruto shrugged. "I mean, you're always at least two hours late, you read porn, you're super lazy, and... I think that's it."

Kakashi hung his head dejectedly.

"So," I awkwardly laugh. "Anyone want to help me set up camp?"

~~~~~

"Sakura gets her own tent." Kakashi said, pointing to one of the four tents. "Goodnight, Sakura."

"Night guys!" Sakura chirped, climbing inside her tent with all her stuff before zipping it shut.

"Tazuna is also on his own, meaning that two of you are sharing and the other is with me." Kakashi smiled.

Sasuke's hand darted out and he grabbed the sleeve of my coat.

"We'll share." Sasuke decided.

"Great! Naruto, you're with me!" Kakashi exclaimed.

"You better not snore." Naruto said, shooting Kakashi a glare.

"Come on Naruto, time to sleep." Kakashi replied, completely ignoring the threat.

Kakashi and Naruto disappeared into their tent, leaving just Sasuke and I outside.

"What the hell was that about Sasuke!" I hissed in a whisper.

"No way in hell was I going to sleep with Naruto or Kakashi." He whispered back. "Naruto is obnoxious and I don't know if I trust Kakashi to not snore or have some kind of weird sleeping habit."

"True, it could be worse." I shrugged. "Now let's go to sleep, today was long, too fucking long."

Sasuke ignored my cursing and nodded, climbing inside the tent. I crawled in after him and set down my pack, bow and arrow. I dug around in my bag before pulling out a fuzzy black blanket and my white pillow. I curled up for bed, facing Sasuke, who stared at me in confusion.

"You aren't going to put something else on?" He asked, reaching for his shirt and pulling it up a bit.

I quickly rolled over after seeing his toned stomach. Fuck me. 

"No, I'm fine, goodnight!" I replied, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Okay then, goodnight." I heard Sasuke reply.

I could hear shuffling for a bit, but it eventually stopped and I could hear Sasuke's slow steady breaths. I slowed my breathing and pulled the blanket tighter around me, being completely silent until I fell asleep.

A/N

Sorry guys! I've been really busy, but hopefully, I can keep up with this book. Fights coming soon! I look forward to writing that! Also, sorry if the chapters seem a little short, I wanted them to be longer but it ends up being shorter.