~15~

~~~~~

Tensions were high in the fifth year, everyone scrambled to get their shit together because if they didn't they would be dropped from the program. Friends began to drift apart and the Sasuke fan club only got bigger and bigger. Sasuke pretended to ignore it all, but that's hard when you have a bunch of eleven-year-old girls screaming, 'Sasuke-kun!'

Speaking of Sasuke, I'm pretty sure the kid hates me. Ever since I got the same score as him for the written part of the hand seals test he's been glaring at me when he thinks I don't know. Sasuke did get the highest score in the class, but I came in as a close second. Of course, his fangirls had congratulated him, as for me? Only Tenzo and Hinata actually gave a shit.

Hinata and I almost never saw each other outside of school. We were both busy bettering ourselves or being forced to train by our guardians. Tenzo was trying to teach me elemental jutsu, which wasn't going the greatest considering he knew no fire jutsus. Hell, a library book is teaching me better at this point.

As for the basic three jutsu, I had finally improved my clone jutsu, my transformation jutsu was passable as long as I didn't speak and I was best at the substitution jutsu. Dodging is just my thing I guess. I had also improved my archery, even more, learning new techniques from books I picked up.

After Tenzo and I discovered that I have a fire affinity, we set to work right away with a new skill. Can you guess what it is? Lighting my arrow on fire using only my chakra and then letting it fly into a target and burn. Watching something be burned is a fascinating sight, but Tenzo only lets me practice that when he's around so he can put the fires out. 

Tenzo ruins all my fun.

~~~~~

For the end of the fifth year, we had another major assignment; an English assignment. Plenty of the class was panicked, however, I wasn't. Having knowledge of another language really helped me out in the long run. Unfortunately, it wasn't a group project, but that didn't stop me from helping Hinata out after I finished the project early.

The project? Write a speech in English about the importance of having a strong leader such as the Hokage, and then read it out loud in English.

Writing it, no problem, talking in front of the class may be an issue. Hinata was just as panicked as I was in the speaking department.

Tenzo suggested that we practice reading it out loud, which brings us to where we are now.

Hinata and I stood before a crowd of masked individuals, all of which were completely silent. Tenzo brought us to ANBU headquarters to read our speeches to all the free ANBU available. Just great. I was more annoyed than scared, however, Hinata trembled like a leaf.

Among the crowd of ANBU was also Tenzo, Katsu, and out of all people who could be there, Hinata's father; Hiashi Hyuuga.

"So, who's going first?" Katsu asked, smiling more gently at Hinata.

"I'll do it." I sighed. "For Hinata's sake."

~~~~~

"... And that is why leaders like the Hokage are valued and important."

A polite amount of clapping filled the room as Tenzo hollered and whooped like a soccer mom.

Hiashi Hyuuga eyed me up, clapping simply because it was polite.

Hinata nervously shuffled her papers around, glancing at her father.

"Next is Hinata Hyuuga, with her English speech on why leaders are important." Tenzo announced.

Hinata replaced me at the front of the room, shifting her way from foot to foot. Shakily she took a breath in, switching from Japanese to English.

~~~~~