~4~

Lunch time with my parents had just ended, meaning it was now time to head over to Akiyoshi's shooting range for practice.

I swung my quiver over my shoulder, grabbed my newer bow (which I got on my sixth birthday), said goodbye to my parents, and headed out.

When I arrived at the range on the outskirts of town, Akiyoshi was in the middle of aiming, the string drawn back and arrow already nocked.

I waited until he released the arrow to greet him.

"Good morning Akiyoshi-san!"

"Morning Yuuto." He replied, wiping some sweat from his forehead. "Ready for practice?"

"As always." I grin.

"That's good, because I have something new I want to teach you." He said.

"What's that?" I ask curiously.

"Follow me, I'll show you."

Akiyoshi leads me past the shooting range and into the forest, where the trees are thick and sturdy.

"Now pay close attention Yuuto." Akiyoshi said, nocking an arrow.

He drew back the string, aiming a tree about thirty feet away. Instead of releasing the arrow, he closed his eyes.

A coating of light blue surrounded the arrows head before his eyes snapped back open. He released the arrow and it sliced through the air with a hiss, burying itself almost completely into the tree.

"Let's get on with the lesson already!" I exclaim. "That was awesome!"

"I know kid."

~~~~~

My instructions were simple. Channel my inner energy, chakra, into the arrow, aim, and let it fly.

I hadn't managed to get very far, but I could make an arrow head go all the way into the trunk of a tree.

I retrived my arrow from the tree and nocked it again, deciding I would take on more shot before heading home for the day.

I pulled the string taunt, shutting my eyes and taking a deep breath in through my nose. I felt a warm feeling course through me, into my finger tips and into the arrow. The warmth was a pleasant feeling, like sleeping under the sun.

My eyes snapped open again and I prepared to release, but before I could I heard a shrill scream. The scream made me flinch, causing me to release my grip on the arrow and making the arrow fly straight through a boulder.

I lower my bow and turn to the sound of the scream just to see Okaa-san with a horrified expression on her face.

"Come home, now." She orders, a tear rolling down her cheek.

I leave the arrow ans quickly hurry after her since she had already turned and began walking away.

"Uh, bye?" I awkwardly say to Akiyoshi.

"Bye kid." He shrugs.

What the hell did I do?

~~~~~

I sat nervously on the couch with my stuffed dragon Shiro resting on my lap.

Okaa-san paced the room back and forth, a grim look on her face. She would glance at me and then look away.

Otou-san sat hunched over in his favourite armchair with his fingers laced together. He just stared at the floor.

"Okaa-san?" I speak up.

"Hush Yuuto, you have no idea what's going on." She snapped back.

Well maybe I would if you told me.