~9~

~~~~~

After meeting with an optometrist, we discovered that I have hyperopia, meaning that I can only see objects far away. My doctor, who was a nice old woman, explained that to me and then told me that my glasses wouldn't be ready for about three days.

So I ended up just picking out the frames, which were black and round, just think Harry Potter and you got it.

After that, Tenzo took me to a clothing store leading me around and picking out clothes for me.

"What do you think of this shirt Yuuto?" Tenzo asked, holding up a shirt while standing halfway across the store.

"Looks good." I shrug, looking at the white tank top.

"And how about this to go overtop?" He asked, holding up a gray long sleeved coat with no hood.

"Okay, what about pants and shoes?" I ask.

"How about these pants, and these shoes?" He suggests, holding up dark blue sandals and black pants that went just past my knees.

"Looks good." I shrug.

Tenzo pays for the clothes out of pocket and I can't help but wince. I felt incredibly guilty that he was buying stuff for me, some kid the Hokage ordered him to watch.

"I'll pay you back eventually."

Tenzo laughed. "With what money?"

"I'll get a job." I reply.

"You're seven." He deadpanned.

"I could always fudge the truth." I smirk.

"Don't worry about it," He said, ruffling my hair. "The Hokage will give me a little extra to help take care of you, not to mention that I live by myself and take missions ranging from B to A-rank, with the usual S-rank here and there."

"Oh." I said, feeling better.

~~~~~

Two steaming bowls of ramen sat in front of us, but neither of us had begun to eat any of it.

"So," Tenzo said, poking at his noodles with his chopsticks. "Shouldn't we get to know each other better?"

"I mean, I'm going to be living with you, so yes." I reply intelligently.

"Then I'll start, my name is Tenzo, I'm an ANBU captain, I can use wood release along with earth and water release. I'd like to see Orochimaru be brought to justice." Tenzo said.

"At least we have something in common." I chuckle, starting to eat my ramen.

"Your turn." Tenzo said.

"My name is Yuuto, I'm seven years old and will be eight on May 13th. I enjoy archery, although it's been so long since I last practiced, I'm not sure how well I could do it. Like you, I want Orochimaru to be brought to justice." I introduce myself formally.

I would've said much worse things about him, but saying that I wanted someone murdered at the age of seven wouldn't have gone down well.

"You like archery?" He asked.

"Yes, I used to practice all the time after my parents got me my first bow." I reply sadly.

Tenzo skirted around my parents. "Interesting, not many shinobi want to use a bow."

"Really?"

"Yes," He nods, then turning to me. "Speaking of which, do you plan on becoming a shinobi?"

"Of course!" I exclaim. "I wouldn't turn an offer like that down! I've already used my chakra, why would I stop?"

"Then it's a good thing that you have me here to teach you." He grinned.