Chicken Sitting (Tuffnut X Reader)

RTTE

"And don't forget special time, right before going to bed," Tuffnut reminded you as he climbed onto Belch.

"I got it, Tuff," you assured him with an amused smile, "Chicken and I are gonna have a great time."

Tuff, who was still holding Chicken, looked down at her warned, "now, you be good for (Y/n). I'll be back in the morning." With that, he handed her to you. Then, the riders were off.

You were a rider too, of course, but Hiccup had asked you to stay back to keep an eye on Dragon's Edge while they went on a short mission. Looking at the chicken in your hands, you smiled, "alright, let's go get you some dinner."

Chicken cooed happily and hopped out of your hands. You followed the excited little ball of feathers to the twins' hut. Opening the door, you walked inside with Chicken.

"Bawk!" Chicken sounded as she circled the bag of feed twice her size.

You giggled and scooped out a small handful, placing it in a pile before her. You sat on the floor with her until the food was all gone. Then, however, Chicken raced over to a bucket in the corner of the hut and hopped inside of it.

Shaking your head, you got up and walked over. Just before you reached her, Chicken knocked the entire bucket over, spilling out numerous crumpled papers. "Huh, since when do they use so much paper?" You wondered aloud.

You were about to clean it all up when Chicken waddled over to you with one of the wads in her beak. With a laugh, you took it from her and threw it back into the basket, assuming she was trying to help.

But Chicken squawked loudly when you did this, hopping back into the uprighted bucket and retrieving the paper. She hopped back out and handed it back to you. You looked at the crumpled bundle and were surprised to find writing on it. But not just writing, your name. Curiosity peaked, you smoothed out the sheet and began to read it.

(Y/n), I know it hasn't been long since we met you, and you've only been a rider for a few months, but I thi

The letter, written in Tuff's scratchy handwriting, ended there. It was obvious that that was where he decided to give up and throw it away. But now, you looked to the floor, which was still littered with balls of paper. Your heart began to pound.

Sitting down on the floor once again, you took a deep breath, and Chicken brought you another paper. You laughed lightly, and opened it as well.

(Y/n), when I first saw you, I thought you were the most amazing person in the Archipelago. I mean, not just anyone can impress me like that,

Another letter, stopped half-way through and thrown out. But you still couldn't believe the tiny bit that you'd read. "Tuff thinks that highly of me?" You asked with a shy grin.

Chicken cooed happily and brought you another letter.

(Y/n), as you may know by now, you're an important part of the group. We wouldn't be the same if you weren't with us. I know I wouldn't be. No, that's stupid.

You laughed at the fact that he'd written down his thoughts about the letter at the end. But you were definately blushing at this point. It was obvious that Tuffnut had something important to tell you. Chicken then proceeded to hand you another.

(Y/n) I guess there isn't really an easy or perfect way to say this. It's going to be uncomfortable no matter what, like trying to untie your own hands, but there's nothing sharp to cut the ropes, so you just sit there and pull

Another reject. You giggled to yourself. One by one, chicken brought you letters. And with each one, you got another small piece of information about Tuffnut and what he was trying to say, until one summed everything up.

(Y/n), I really like you. You're probably the most gorgeous viking girl I've ever met. And even better, you're more fun than Ruffnut...don't tell her I said that. You understand me in a way no one else has ever even tried to. I just wan

It stopped there. You couldn't believe it. Tuffnut liked you. And by the looks of it, he liked you a lot. A big smile spread across your face; you couldn't wait for him to come back in the morning.

• • •

Everyone had gotten back from the mission safely that day. But you found yourself nervous when it came to talking to Tuff. Mainly because someone else was always around, you figured. So that night, while Ruffnut was taking care of Barf and Belch in the stables, you visited Tuff.

When the door to the hut opened, Tuffnut grinned coolly, "hey, (Y/n). You need something?"

"Actually," you began shyly, "I wanted to talk to you."

Tuffnut let you in and closed the door. Chicken began to cooed when she saw you, and stared circling around you and Tuff. You laughed a little nervously, "so, while you guys were all gone last night--"

"Bawk!" Chicken knocked the bucket over again, and crumpled papers spilled everywhere.

Tuffnut's eyes went fearfully wide, "Chicken, no! We talked about this."

You watched him scramble to clean up everything. But you stopped him,eaening his curious gaze as you looked up into his eyes with nervous glee. "Tuff, stop," you said with an amused smile, then blushed, "I read them last night."

The viking looked horrified for a moment, then his gaze fell on Chicken, "you..!"

Chicken squawked and ruffled her feathers before running away. Tuff was about to chase after her but you stopped him again. Taking the front of his tunic into your hand, you pulled him down to you and kissed him.

Tuff immediately kissed you back, hesitantly placing his hands on your waist. Both of your hearts pounded loudly. But a soft cooing interrupted; Chicken was back and watching with a look of satisfaction. Her work here, was finally done.