Glowing in Love (Tuffnut X Reader)

(D/n) - dragon name
(d/s) - dragon species

RTTE

You were flying on your (d/s) alone when you spotted a familiar zippleback leaving the Edge. You couldn't help but smile in amusement; what were those twins up to now? You decided to follow them from a distance to make sure they didn't get into too much trouble.

After a while, the sun began to set and an island came into view. You rolled your eyes as you recognized it as the island where the flightmare spend most of the year. Barf and Belch suddenly dove down and landed by the river of glowing algae, and you knew exactly what was going on. "Well, at least they're not doing anything too dangerous this time," you sighed, landing on the shore of the island. "Keep an eye out for the flightmare," you told your (d/s), "distress call if you spot it."

You then made your way into the forest. After a short walk, you heard the snickering of Ruff and Tuff, accompanied by Barf and Belch gurgling happily. When they came into view, you face palmed. The two headed dragon was glowing green while the twins fed it algae.

"What are you doing?" You whisper shouted, stomping over to them in a rush.

Tuffnut whipped around in start, dropping his bucket of glowing water and then slipping in it. Ruff pointed at him and laughed as he fell on his face. "Hey, don't sneak up on us like that," Tuff told you with a disappointed frown as he struggled to stand back up.

"Then don't sneak around," you retorted with an amused grin. You walked over to the fallen twin and held out your hand to help him up. When he took your hand, warmth seemed to shoot through your body. It wasn't exactly a secret that you had a crush on the fun-loving man; Ruffnut and Astrid knew all about it.

You sighed once Tuff was on his feet again, "why are you feeding Barf and Belch the algae?"

"So they'll glow, obviously," Ruffnut responded with a shrug.

"Yeah," Tuff added, excitedly gesturing to the dragon with wide arms, "and it's working."

You giggled a bit, "yes, I can see that." You then tried to talk some sense into them. Surely this was far from the most dangerous adventure she'd had to save the twins from, but it was still risky. "And now when you leave, the flightmare will see you," you pointed out.

Ruffnut frowned and her brother furrowed his eyebrows, putting his hand to his chin, "hm...I don't think we thought about that.....did we?"

"I don't think so," Ruff answered cluelessly.

A thought then occurred to you that made you laugh, "thank Thor I got here before you guys ate any yourselves."

The twins exchanged an awkward look. Right as she had spoken the words, their bodies began to glow a yellow-orange color. Your smiled faded, "oh, gods."

Before they had a chance to express how awesome it was to be glowing, the flightmare spotted them and growled. It's mist enveloped your body immediately and you were unable to move.

"(Y/n)!" Tuff yelled in worry as he raced over to you. But the blue dragon cut him off and roared. It was about to mist again, but (D/n) swooped in from the sky and knocked it aside.

"Come on, Tuff," Ruffnut shouted as she climbed onto Barf, "grab her and let's get out of here!"

Tuffnut didn't object. He picked you up, your body only moving the way he moved you. One arm was under your knees while the other held your shoulders and head to his chest. (D/n) gave the flightmare one last blow, knocking it into a daze. They would have just enough time to get away safely. So Tuff got onto Belch's neck and the glowing zippleback flew off, followed closely by your dragon.

• • •

The paralysis wore off when Dagon's Edge came into sight. "(Y/n), oh, thank Thor," Tuff breathed a deep sigh of relief. You looked up at him from where you still sat in his lap, and he hugged you tightly, making you blush.

When Barf and Belch landed, Hiccup was waiting outside with a furious look and crossed arms. You left the three for a bit while Hiccup talked to them. It wasn't too long before you spotted a glowing figure walking to where you stood outside of your hut. You smiled in amusement, "still glowing, huh?"

"Yeah," Tuff responded, but his voice was guilty and he avoided your eyes, "listen, I'm really sorry...you could've gotten hurt tonight, or worse, all because me and Ruff weren't thinking. If anything had happened to you..."

You stepped up to him and put a hand on his glowing cheek, "Tuff, it's okay. No one got hurt, and you two learned your lesson, right?"

Tuff met your eyes with a crooked grin, "yeah..no more sneaking off to do fun but dangerous things." He couldn't look away from you. And before he knew it, he felt your lips brush against his. His heart jumped as he closed his eyes and pressed his to yours fully. Both of your faces blushed as the kiss progressed.

When Tuff finally pulled away, however, his eyes went wide. "What is it?" You asked nervously.

"Nothing! It's nothing," Tuffnut looked away awkwardly and rambled on, "I mean, you're definitely not glowing, because you didn't eat any algae, so why would you be?"

You looked down at your hands to find that you were, in fact, glowing a yellowy color. Apparently, even just the little bit of algae might've been left of the twin's lips was enough to give you the same effect. You rolled your eyes and sighed, punching him him the shoulder, "ow! Okay, I deserved that."

"You idiot," you accused with a laugh, then grabbed him by his vest and pulled him into another kiss. You were already glowing now, so why not? And he couldn't be happier to return the kiss.