Love is Blind (Snotlout X Reader)

(D/n) - dragon's name

RTTE

Every day looked exactly the same to you. Dark, black, empty, nothingness. It had been this way since you were fourteen; your tribe was attacked by angry changewings, and acid was splashed into your eyes. Ever since the incident, you remained on the same island. You were alone, living on an island inhibited by the dragons who disabled you.

But they didn't bother you; a blind human was no threat to them. And you'd forgiven them a long time ago. The changewings mostly left you alone. Except for one. The dragon that had blinded you; you two had become closely bonded. You named her (D/n).

But things quickly changed for you when you heard human voices for the first time in years. You were hiding with (D/n) when they became clear. "I'm just saying, there's gotta be a better way to collect changewing acid," one voice said.

"Alright, and what do you suggest, Snotlout?" Another voice asked.

The first one, Snotlout, hesitasted before muttering, "shut up, Astrid."

Curiosity peaked, you came out from under (D/n)'s wing, revealing yourself. "Ah!" The male voice yelled, "did you just--did she just--where did you come from?"

You couldn't help but smile in amusement. The second voice, Astrid gasped, "who are you?"

"I'm (Y/n)," you introduced, "you have no idea how nice it is to be with another human being again." You smiled and made a sort of bird call noise. Immediately, you heard (D/n) let out a low groan; she'd shone herself.

"Oh my Thor..." Snotlout fretted.

You heard his feet shift; he was about to run. "Don't leave, please," you begged, "this is (D/n)."

Astrid must've noticed how you couldn't look directly at them, or that your eyes were dull and lifeless, for she asked, "are you..blind?"

"Let me start from the beginning," you told the two. You then launched into your story. You didn't even care if these people could be trusted or not, just to have people to talk to again was worth it all.

And when you finished your story, Astrid offered you an escape from the place they'd named Changewing Island. To go to a small village called Dragon's Edge and learn how to ride and train your dragon. It was an offer you couldn't refuse.

After making sure that (D/n) was okay with leaving, they flew off. You, however, did not ride the changewing; Snotlout didn't think it would end well since you were both inexperienced. So you rode on the back of his nightmare with him.

"You might wanna hold on to something," you heard Snotlout say. So as he took to the air, you latched your arms tightly around his middle. "Not..so....tight," you heard him weeze.

You loosened your arms immediately, "oh, sorry..this is just..."

"Terrifying?" Astrid asked.

You shook your head, "freeing."

• • •

"Hey, watch where you're going," Snotlout teased as you accidentally bumped into him during training. It had been a couple months since your rescue. You and (D/n) were settled in and even flying together now.

But you'd insisted on learning simple defensive moves for incase you were ever caught without your dragon. Hiccup said no at first, for obvious reasons. But Astrid changed his mind by reminding him of how well she did when she was temporarily blinded.

"Ha ha, very funny," you rolled your eyes and smiled in amusement as you listened for his next move. His feet slid to the left. The sound of a sword swiping through the air. You lifted your own sword horizontally infront of your face. Metal clanked. You'd blocked him. "Hah!" You bragged.

"I'm going easy on you, you know," Snotlout informed you.

It was usually Astrid who sword trained you, but she was gone today with Hiccup and the others, leaving you and Snotlout alone. You smirked deviously, "then gimme all you got."

"(Y/n)," Snotlout's voice held worry, "let's not get carried away here."

You heard him let his guard down, and lunged. Snotlout shouted in surprise and blocked you, "what?! I thought you're only learning defense?"

"I am," you began with a sly grin, "as far as Hiccup knows." Hearing his feet shift, and his sword raise, you swiped lower. Again, he blocked you, just barely. "But Astrid may be teaching me a little on offensive, too."

"Ooo, Hiccup would not be happy to hear about that," Snotlout spoke suggestively.

"You wouldn't," you warned.

Snotlout sighed; you could tell he was enjoying himself. "Prove to me why I shouldn't," he challenged.

You smiled deviously, then the spar began. Snotlout was hesitant to go all out at first. But when he got a taste of your skill, he stepped it up a few notches. In the end, you caught his sword hand in your free hand, holding him in place; it was a draw.

You were both out of breath and laughing. You dropped your sword, and he dropped his, but you kept your hand on his. Grabbing his shirt with your free hand, you pulled him into a sudden kiss.

And it was a miracle you didn't miss. Snotlout took a moment to process it before kissing you back with just as much emotion. When you pulled away, he asked, "what was that about?"

"You like me," you told him with a confident grin, "and I like you, too."

Hearing Snotlout sigh in defeat, you knew you were right. Then, you felt his lips press against yours once again, while his free arm pulled you against him. When the kiss broke he chuckled lightly and joked, "I guess I have to keep your sword training secret now."