Revenge (Dagur X Reader)

Requested by: icanchoosemyownlife

(D/n) - dragon name
(d/s) - dragon species

RTTE S1E1

Today marked seven years. Seven years since you'd found your best friend: a (d/s) by the name of (D/n). Seven years since you tried to show Berk what amazing creatures dragons really are. Seven years since that plan had gone horribly wrong. And seven years since the chief of Berk, himself, ended your best friend's life.

It wasn't (D/n)'s fault that the people of Berk attacked when they first saw her. S/he was only trying to protect her/himself, and you. But you were both punished gravely on that fateful day. While your magnificent (d/s) was put down for his/her destruction, you were banished to Outcast Island.

You'd been imprisoned for three years, until you finally set free. As it turned out, someone else had done what you couldn't; Hiccup Haddock, the chief's son, had convinced Berk to befirend dragons. Stoick came to apologize to you in person, but this only angered you even more. He tried to get you to come home, but you'd already found a new one.

The people of Outcast Island, while they kept you imprisoned, had always been kind to you. After all, any enemy of Berk was a friend of theirs. But even after the Outcasts made up with the Berkians, you held your grudge. Seven years since Berk had made the worst decision that they would ever come to regret. Because on this day, you would ally yourself with the most fierce prisoner on Outcast Island.

Dagur the Deranged.

"Dinner," you announced monotonously as you tossed bread into one cell. "Dinner." And the next cell. "Dinner." And the next. Then you came to Dagur's. You eyed him through the bars for a few moments, and he gave you the same suspicious look. The two of you knew exactly what was about to happen. Though you'd never spoken of it, Dagur could tell. Because every time he saw you, he saw himself. He saw the fire in your eyes, and the passion in your soul. You wanted what he wanted.

Finally you broke into a smooth grin and unlatched the keys from your belt. Being the only guard on duty at the time, you didn't even try to be stealthy. "Well, Dagur," you greeted him slyly as you fiddled with the lock and opened his cell, "today's your lucky day."

When Dagur exited the cell, the other prisoners began to shout in anger and desperation. "I'd say it's your's, too," Dagur replied with a smirk, "I'm feeling good-natured enough to let you tag along."

"As if I wouldn't anyway," you laughed. Then the two of you raced outside together. After beating down a few Outcasts who tried to stop you, you stole a trader's ship and set sail.

Once the two of you had made it a safe distance from Outcast Island, you could finally relax. You sighed in contentment as you walked up to where Dagur was steering the ship. "So, what's our first move?" You asked in sternly.

Dagur raised an eyebrow at you. "Well, someone's eager to start wreaking havoc," he chuckled wildly, the asked in a more suspicious tone, "aren't you gonna tell me what this is all about?"

You rolled your eyes, but decided to answer truthfully. "I needed a guide off that forsaken island," you told him, "and it doesn't hurt that you have a grudge against Hiccup Haddock, too."

"Hiccup?" Dagur repeated in surprise, "what'd he do to you?"

"It's not so much what he did to me," you sighed, irritated just by thinking of the boy, "more so what he did instead of me."

At this, Dagur was able to put the pieces of the puzzle together. "He trained the dragons.." He muttered, then met your eyes and grinned knowingly, "you're (Y/n), aren't you." You blinked in surprise; no one on Outcast Island knew your name other than Alvin. "Oh, I heard so much about you when old Stoick was trying to get me to sigh that stupid treaty years ago!" He shouted excitedly, "they said that you went crazy in prison, and then became a traitor to the tribe."

You smirked a bit, oddly proud that you were so known throughout Berk now, even if it was as a traitor. "Stoick never even gave me a chance," you spoke with scorn, "but of course he let his son do what I'd been trying to do for years." You shook your head as if to clear your thoughts, then changed the subject. "So, do you have a plan, or what?"

Dagur grinned wildly. "We sail in now, while they aren't expecting us," he told you with dark enthusiasm, "and we take that night fury's head as a trophey!"

For a moment, there was silence. You waited for the man to explain the rest if the plan, but apparently that was all. "...Well that's a stupid plan," you finally scoffed.

Dagur immediately frowned and took a threatening stance. "What did you just say to me?" He asked in a growl.

"I said, 'that's a stupid plan'," you repeated, unphased by his sudden hostility. His eye twitched and you could tell he was about to blow his top. "You don't scare me, Dagur," you laughed, squinting your eyes at him, "your not gonna kill me, or abandon me, or even raise your voice, and you know why?" You gave him an equally threatening look that made him almost want to back down. "Because you may know the seas and war, but I know dragons and Berk," you answered your own question, "you need me."

To your surprise, Dagur did calm down his anger. He looked impressed as a smile crossed his face. "Well...I gotta say, you make a good case," he admitted.

You gave him a suspicious look and asked, "why are you smiling?"

"Because," Dagur shrugged, laughing a bit as he turned back to steering rhe ship, "I can see our future clearly now. You're a lot like me, (Y/n); strong willed, intimidating, determined--"

"--Deranged," you interrupted him sarcastically, but you couldn't help grinning.

Dagur shot you a quick smirk, then went on, "my point is..we're gonna make a great team." He clapped a hand down on your shoulder and added for emphasis, "together, we'll be unstoppable."

You looked up at the handsome Viking chief with an excited, twisted smile. Dagur was right, you were a lot alike. And as long as you fought together, there was nothing you wouldn't be able to accomplish.