Taste Tester (Snotlout X Reader)

Requested by: Mal-Small

(D/n) - dragon name
(d/s) - dragon species

RTTE S1

The dragon riders had just finished creating their base at Dragon's Edge. It had been two months since they left home. And although Snotlout would never admit it aloud, he missed Berk. He missed his job as a weapons tester. He missed the old smelly training arena. He missed the little river just behind his old hut with his parents. And he really missed his mother's cooking. Astrid wasn't nearly as good of a cook as her, and neither were any of the others, for that matter.

And to make things all the worse, you had decided to stay on Berk. You were a dragon rider, too, with a magnificent (d/s). But you'd stayed behind; you didn't want to leave Berk unguarded.

Probably most of all, he missed you. You'd been his best friend for a while, though he couldn't deny wanting it to be more than that. Yet he always had such trouble trying to ask you out. With any other girl, he never had an issue, but you had a way of making the confident Viking choke air and trip over nothing.

But as luck would have it, you were on your way to the new base on this morning with a surprise. Snotlout, who'd just woken up, walk out if his newly-built hut with an obnoxiously large yawn. Still half asleep, he almost didn't even see your dragon's familiar shape flying in on the horizon.

Almost.

Upon sight of the (d/s) in the distance, he felt himself wake up completely. "Hookfang," he called for his dragon, who was resting just outside of his hut. "Get up you lazy dragon," he urged impatiently, "(Y/n)'s coming to visit."

Hearing this, Hookfang immediately perked up with an excited squawk. Excited to see you again, he stood and grabbed Snotlout in his teeth by the back of his vest and took off. "Aahhh! Hookfang!" Snotlout screamed as he dangled from the dragon's teeth, the island shrinking below them.

The monstrous nightmare paid him no mind as he flew out to meet you and (D/n). Before long, Snotlout heard your voice shouting from a bit of a distance, "hey, Snotlout! Good to see you and Hookfang have improved your relationship!"

"Ha ha, very funny," Snotlout retorted, wiggling around helplessly in the air. Finally, Hookfang flipped him up into his saddle. Snotlout's eyes met yours, now just a few yards away. He couldn't stay mad when he heard your delighted laughter. "I-it's good to see you," he greeted, rubbing the back of his neck nervously, "I didn't know you were coming."

"Are you kidding?" You replied with a grin, "when you terror mailed me that the base was finished, I had to come and see it!"

Snotlout smiled as the dragons approached the island. "Well, here it is," he presented, "welcome to Dragon's Edge, (Y/n)."

• • •

After greeting all of your friends, and a brief tour from Snotlout, it was time to put you plan into action. You'd asked Hiccup to take the others out for a bit so that you could get to work. Everyone but Snotlout, that is; you needed him back at the Edge.

"So, you gonna tell me what you need my help with or what?" Snotlout asked as the two of you walked to the club house together.

You sighed and finally told him the plan. "I want to make a big celebration dinner for you all," you told him excitedly, "you guys deserve it, for all your hard work."

Snotlout felt his chest clench at how thoughtful and caring you were. But then, he recalled something. "But, wait," he stopped walking and gave you a confused look, "why do you need me here? I can't cook."

"No, but you can judge my cooking," you corrected with a small smirk.

Snotlout's face lit up at the idea of taste testing all of whatever you planned to make. "You know me too well." The two of you laughed and entered the club house. Then, you got to work.

• • •

Snotlout was left alone for most of the time, with nothing to do but suffer though being able to smell your delicious dishes, but not yet taste them. Finally, you re-entered the building from where you'd been cooking on the platform outside. Arms loaded with plates of meats, vegetables, and colorful desserts.

"Oooh my Thor, that all looks so good," Snotlout complimented as he came over to help you carry the many dishes to the table.

You blushed a bit and replied shyly, "thank you, Snotlout."

Not even notocing your blush due to the distracting food, Snotlout asked, "where did you learn to cook like this, anyway? I mean, you were always a good cook, but this is amazing!"

Again, heat rose to your cheeks. You smiled to yourself as you set you plates down. "Actually, your mother's taught me a few tricks since you've been gone."

Snotlout chuckled lightly, "hah, should'a known."

The two of you sat down together and the taste testing began. You gave Snotlout a small taste of each dish, one at a time. Truthfully, you knew that your cooking didn't need to be tested and aproved; you just loved to make Snotlout happy. And food always made the young man very happy.

During the tasting, you decided to announce your final surprise. "So...what if I decided to maybe..stick around for a while..?"

Snotlout nearly choked on his food. After composing himself, he met your eyes with a look of joy. "You're gonna stay?" He asked hopefully.

"Just for a short while," you clarified, "maybe a little longer, if it works out." You sighed and added cheekily, "and..maybe even longer....if you can find a way to convince me."

Snotlout blushed immediately, and let out a nervous laugh. "O-oh, haha.." He trailed off, officially completely distracted from the food.

When the young Viking still didn't seem to take the hint, you rolled your eyes. "Good Thor, Snotlout," you laughed, "how thick headed can you be?"

"H-hey, what's that fo--" He never got to finish his sentence, for you had grabbed him roughly by the front of his shirt and yanked him into a kiss. Snotlout took a moment to process what was going on before shutting his eyes and allowing his pent up emotions to pour out. His hand found yours and you fingers twined together tightly.

When you pulled away, you smiled with lidded eyes. "Ask me to be yours," you told him abruptly, "ask me..and I'll stay as long as you'd like."

The look of shock on Snotlout's face faded into a dreaming grin. "Then, be mine," he cooed. You smiled brighter and pulled him into another sweet kiss. With you around on Dragon's Edge now, surely he wouldn't be so homesick anymore.