Run Aways Pt. 2 (Hiccup X Reader)

Requested by: AsteriaHunter

(D/n) - dragon name

HTTYD 1

"So how did you meet Toothless?" You asked your new friend, curiously approaching the male night fury. Upon sight of his tail fin you remarked, "that's interesting."

"Yeah, it's actually a funny story..." Hiccup began, then launched into his story. As he told you, you and (D/n) lit a small fire. The four of you sat around it as Hiccup continued on.

"So no one else of Berk is friends with dragons?" You wondered.

"They won't even give them a chance," Hiccup sighed, shooting Toothless an empathetic look, "dragon's aren't monsters."

You frowned slightly, looking up at him from where you sat at his side. "Well, I can understand why you ran away," you huffed, then quickly appoligized, "oh! Sorry, you said you didn't wanna talk about it."

Hiccup smiled down at you. But he quickly adverted his gaze out of nervousness. "I-it's okay, really," he assured, "long story short, I tried to show my dad what dragons really are. But it didn't go so well."

You thought for a moment before grinning brightly and suggesting, "hey, how about we try again?"

Hiccup gave you a look of confusion. "'We'?" He repeated.

"Yeah, I'll help you!" You exclaimed, "maybe together, we can get you your home back."

Hiccup chuckled lightly. "Maybe," he spoke hopefully. "But what about your home? If you help me, I'm gonna want to help you, in return."

At this, you shifted you gaze uncomfortably. "Don't worry about that, really," you insisted.

"Oh, come on," Hiccup pushed on with a smile, "don't you miss your home?"

"Well, yeah, but...I can't go back," you gave in and told him, "truth is, shortly after I ran away, I did go home. But in the time I was gone, a forest fire broke out and everything was destroyed. There was no one there."

"..Oh..." Hiccup muttered quietly. Now he understood why she didn't want to tell him before.

"But, like I said," you went on with a confident look in your eyes, "I'm done reliving the past. What matters now is making sure you never have to go through what I did." You gave him a hopeful smile and stood up. "Let's get you home."

• • •

Toothless squawked as Berk came in to view, and Hiccup's heart dropped. "E-everyone's out and about," he called to you, "maybe we should come back at night, so no one sees the dragons."

"Funny you should say that," you inquired smoothly, "I was sort of counting on everyone seeing the dragons, seeing us ride them." And with that, (D/n) sped ahead.

"And there goes our cover," Hiccup sighed, then asked Toothless, "well bud? Whaddya say?"

The night fury roared in response and chased after you in the sky. Before long, you and Hiccup began to hear the shouts of terror from below. "Night fury! Take cover!"

But those shouts quickly turned into yells of disbelief and awe as people saw the kids riding the dragons. When Stoick came out of his home to see what the fuss was about, his eyes widened at the sight above. "Is that..Hiccup..?" He muttered to himself.

Soon, you brought your night fury down to land in front of the chief's house a ways away, followed by Hiccup and Toothless. Some of the Berkians ran away, but most were too curious as to why these beasts weren't raining fire on the village.

When Hiccup climbed down from the saddle, he approached his father nervously. But to his surprise, he found himself being wrapped into a bone-breaking hug. "Oh, son, where've you been?!" He sounded both angry and relieved, "it's been days!"

"Sorry...dad....can't....breath..!" Hiccup gasped. Finally, Stoick released the boy. Hiccup finally met his father's eyes and wondered hopefully, "you're not..mad..?"

"Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves," the chief replied firmly, "you still could've gotten a lot of people hurt with that monstrous nightmare stunt. But, I'm happy you're home...you had me worried, my boy." Then, his eyes finally rested on the pair of night furies sitting a ways behind Hiccup. Among them was you, scratching under (D/n)'s chin with shining eyes. Both dragons looked as innocent as puppies.

"So," the chief began in a more serious tone. Everyone who was still around froze, waiting for orders to attack the dragons. But that never happened. Stoick slowly approached the two dragons. Once he was a few feet away, he spoke, "which one is this..Toothless, you spoke of."

Hiccup smiled slightly and made his way over to the male fury. "Dad, meet Toothless," he introduced, petting the night fury's head. He shot you a smile, to which you returned in a sort of 'I told you so' manner.

"And who might you be?" The chief asked you.

Before you could answer, Hiccup stepped in. "This is (Y/n)," he responded, "she found me while I was..away..and convinced me to come back."

Stoick gave you a warm smile. "Thank you, (Y/n)," he spoke his gratitude, then turned back to Hiccup, "these past few day have made me realize: I never want to lose my son again." He sighed before going on somewhat reluctantly, "so if you say dragons can be good....I 'sppose I'll give you a chance to prove it."

• • •

After a long day of 'proving it' to the people of Berk, Hiccup was walking to the woods with Toothless. There, the dragon would have to sleep until he could build some stables. Spotting him from where you flew above, you and your female fury dove down and landed beside him. "Hiccup!" You called, jumping off of (D/n). You raced over to him and gave him an abrupt hug.

"H-hey, (Y/n).." Hiccup greeted anxiously, feeling his face blush over bright red.

"You did it," you congratulated, still hugging him tightly. You hadn't had time to talk to him since he'd been busy, all day.

Finally, Hiccup hugged you back, heart fluttering pleasantly under his chest. "Well, it wasn't all me," he teased, "I suppose you had a hand in it, too."

You laughed as you released him, but he only smiled weakly. "Are you..leaving now?" He asked, trying to hide his heartache.

But you saw right through his cover. You gave him a sweet smile and suggested, "well, your father said that I could stay if I wanted....I was thinking of taking that offer up." You then added as a joke, "if you're not bored of me by now, that is."

Hiccup chuckled, "I don't think I could ever be bored of you." The words slipped out before he even thought. His eyes went wide and he shut his mouth.

You blinked in surprise, then did the unexpected. Leaning forward, you planted a gentle kiss on the cute Viking's cheek. "O-oh," he expressed his surprise, making you giggle.

"Well, it's nice to see that we're on the same page, then," you teased him as he gave you a dreamy look. "I'll see you tomorrow," you bid him a farewell, then raced away, leaving Hiccup in a daydream of what his future with you held.

-------

Just want to thank everyone for being patient with me closing requests again. I got backed up quicker than expected! But they'll be open again soon enough! ♡