Midgard (Friend!Dagur X Reader)

Requested by: demoniac_Queen

After RTTE
(Except everyone stays on Dragon's Edge a while longer)

The dragon riders were rushing around the Edge in a panic as a huge electrical storm broke out all of a sudden. "Astrid, Heather!" Hiccup shouted as rain began to pour down, "get the dragons to the caves in the center of the island!"

The two women were immediately on it, herding the spooked dragons as quickly as possible. "Ruff and Tuff, lock up the club house and stables," Hiccup went on, then added, "and Snotlout, make sure they actually get that done."

The twins began to mutter about how they don't need a babysitter as Snotlout huried them away. Now left only with Dagur, Hiccup gave him a knowing look. "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?" He asked Dagur with a crooked smile.

Dagur looked up through the pelting rain at the approaching black clouds. The sun was already blocked out completely, the only light coming from the lightning. "That doesn't look like any ordinary lightning!" Dagur shouted with a wild laugh.

Hiccup nodded to Dagur and grabbed his forearm as he affirmed seriously, "good luck, and be careful." Dagur returned the action, the began to race up the many platforms of the fortress. Hiccup made his way back to shelter with the other riders.

Dagur had made it to one of the highest points on the island. He searched the thick, black clouds eagerly for the only thing he knew that could make such beautiful lightning: the skrill. Lightning struck a few yards away from him, causing him to jump away. "Oh! Close one!" He shouted with a grin, "show yourself, skrill! I've changed since I tried enslaving you, let me prove it!"

As if to answer his question, lightning struck again. Dagur was able to spot a figure in the sky when it did,but not that of a dragon. "Is that a--?" He was cut off by a vicious crack of thunder that shook the ground beneath him.

Then the strangest thing happened. All went silent. It was dark as night with the clouds still above, but even those began to slowly disappear. And when sunlight began to pour back over the island, Dagur spotted something lying in the wet grass just a few feet before him. He approached it slowly, then raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh....you're not a skrill."

• • •

You woke up to the sounds of whispering all around you. "So, what, she's some kind of god?" One voice wondered in disbelief.

"It's the only explanation, Snotlout," another voice whispered, "you saw the markings on her arm; it's the Mark of Odin!"

"That could just be a tattoo," the first voice, Snotlout, argued.

"Made of gold?" The second asked to prove his own point.

Opening your eyes, you found yourself surrounded by curious faces. You sat up and blinked, then gawked as a grin spread across your face, "woah..!"

"Uh.." The man called Snotlout hummed in confusion.

You hopped expertly off the table that you'd been laid down on. "Look at you," you admired Snotlout in awe, coming up way too closely to him. "You're so..small," you observed in fascination, poking his shoulder and squeezing his face, "and...squishy!"

"Squishy?!" Snotlout shouted in anger as you moved quickly over to the next person who'd caught your eyes. The other couldn't hold back their laughter.

"You figured me right out; I never expected humans to be so intelligent," you admitted a bit awkwardly as you began to examine the girl with dark hair.

"Hey," a new voice sounded from behind you, and a hand rested on your shoulder. You turned around to find a man with red hair smiling at you. "Not to be disrespectful," he went on awkwardly, "but we humans have a little concept called personal space..? Just for future reference."

"Personal space?" You repeated with a smile, "how intriguing!" You then looked to the dark haired woman and nodded in respect, "apologies..uh..."

"It's Heather," the woman replied with a sideways smile. After that, everyone took turns introducing themselves.

"So you really are a god," Fishlegs marvelled giddily, "this is fascinating!"

"Well, demigod," you corrected, standing strongly with your hands on your hips. "Allow me to introduce myself," you went on proudly, "(Y/n) (L/n) of Asgard, daughter of Thor."

Everyone's jaws dropped. "Oh my gods.." Hiccup muttered in disbelief, "this is..."

"Incredible?" You finished for him, then went on, "well that was part of the point. I had grown bored of Asgard, so my father gave me a map to Midgard, the world of my mother; your world. He believed that since I am half mortal that I could travel here."

"You were bored of Asgard?" Snotlout asked as if you were crazy.

"Quite," you responded with a sigh. Then, you spotted a black scaley creature in the back of the room. "Well, would you look at that!" You laughed, walking over to the dragon with purpose, "a night fury!"

"You know what a night fury is?" Dagur asked in surprise as he walked over with you, followed by Hiccup.

"I should hope so," you responded confidently, "my father's the one who made them, after all." You chuckled and pet Toothless, who gurgled calmly as if to greet an old friend. "In a way, this dragon is my brother."

Snotlout laughed a bit uneasily, "well, that's weird.."

You frowned and looked back over to the short Viking. "Really?" You questioned in true confusion, "s'pose you would find it weird, considering our differences in customs.." You then smiled and decided, "I know, I'll recruit the lot of you to teach me your Midgardian ways."

Hiccup and Astrid exchanged a look of shock. But before they could say anything, Dagur spoke up. "You know," he started a carefully, "I think asking, rather than demanding, for help would get you farther."

You gave him a look of confusion, but took his word anyway. You smiled and nodded. "Apologies..again," you laughed, giving Dagur a crooked smile and rephrased, "would you..care to help me? Please?"

Dagur laughed. "Of course," he assured you, still laughing, "you have a lot to learn." You couldn't wait to start exploring this new realm.