Demigod (Tuffnut X Reader)

After HTTYD 3

Rumors. Secrets. Legends. They used to all be just that. But that all changed when myths started becoming true in Berk. First, the finding of the Hidden World, and now an even bigger legend was about to come into the light. It had been months since the fall of Grimmel, and dragons were finally safe. But just as after the defeat of Drago, a new threat arose, and one not only to the dragons. It wasn't long before the Berkians began to notice the signs; a demigod had entered their world.

• • •

You walked in darkness. Until, suddenly, there was light. Looking up, you squinted your eyes at the sun's light. A smile crept across your face; you'd made it to the mortal world. "I will see you again, father," you muttered aloud, "I promise to return, one day."

Looking down at your hands, you saw that you're arrival had bound you into your human form. This was frustrating, you'd hoped to be able to change to a bird and travel quicker. However, you knew it was only a temporary strain; in time, your body would become used to this world, and you would be able to change forms once again.

The sand below your bare feet was scratchy and warm, unlike the sands in Valhalla that were cool and smooth. But you loved it. Eager to explore, you trudged off of the beach you'd landed on right into the water. You walked across it's surface as if it were solid ground. You walked in the direction your soul guided you. You walked until your feet met the stoney cliffs of New Berk.

• • •

Berk was in a state of emergency as fish began to leave their surrounding oceans. Even the pond and river fish disappeared into thin air. They were running low on livestock, and trees were beginning to die. The twins were patrolling the island when they spotted you on one of the lower cliffs of the island. Giving each other a nervous look, they swooped down on Barf and Belch.

The two headed dragon landed a few yards infront if you. You watched in fascination as two humans climbed down from it. "So, uh, you wouldn't happen to be a demigod, or something," Tuff asked with an anxious laugh, "would you?"

You blinked. "How did you know?" You asked curiously.

Tuff felt his stomach drop. For the first time in a long time, he felt real fear bubbling up inside of him. You sensed this and cocked you head, "you fear me..?" When neither mortal responded, you let out a laugh, pointing at them.

Ruff and Tuff were awestruck. Here they were, in the presence of a divine immortal being, and she was laughing at them. "Why is it that you are afraid?" You wondered with a charming smile.

The twins began to explain the dying of their island, to which you assured them was an accident. Your presence wasn't something this world was used to; therefore, the environment around you didn't know how to act. You promised to fix Berk's issues immediately.

After talking for a while, Tuff found himself completely comfortable around you. You were fun, smart, and not to mention your unquestionable beauty. He decided it was time you met their chief so that the misunderstandings could be corrected. And the whole walk back to the village, he found himself quietly listening to you talk with his sister. Content with hearing your smooth voice, Tuffnut couldn't deny that he was already growing attatched to you.

• • •

You soared joyously threw the clouds next the Barf and Belch. Having been in the mortal world for a few months now, you were finally able to change your form again. So you picked your latest favorite; a light fury. You twirled until you flew directly above Ruff and Tuff, the grabbed them each by the shoulder. Both twins screamed as you carried them off, making you gurgle in laughter.

Finally, you placed them on a sea stack and changed back to your human form. In Asgard, human form wasn't your favorite. But being among them for a while now, you'd learned to like the form. You especially liked Tuffnut's form. For a mortal, he was incredibly handsome. And he treated you as an equal, which was all you wanted, while many of the Berkians treated you as a goddess.

"Hah! I got you guys good," you triumphed and laughed.

Ruff frowned and crossed her arms, "show off."

This only made you laugh even more. Tuffnut, however, smirked as he saw his chance to get you back. He signalled to Barf and Belch, who were flying their way, with his head. Then, he let out a battle cry and knocked you off the side of the sea stack, falling with you. For a split second, he saw a hint of surprise in your eyes, and satisfaction spread through his viens. Then, you both landed on the zippleback's back.

You looked around, then at Tuff, who was sandwiched between you and the dragon. You rolled your eyes and sighed in defeat, flipping over to lay beside him, "lucky shot.."

"Hey, no one likes a sore loser," Tuff teased and you both laughed.

Silence fell between you as Barf and Belch continued to fly steadily. There wasn't exactly a ton of room on their back, so you were laying shoulder to shoulder and hip to hip with the cute human. Feeling his body heat travel to you made you smile. And when you felt his hand slip into yours, everything seemed so right.

Finally, Tuffnut broke the silence, "you know, I'm really glad you aren't like the legends described." His voice held a hint of shyness that you found absolutely adorable.

You let your head fall to the side so that you could see him. When you did, you found thay he was looking right back at you. Noses bumping slightly, Tuff blushed madly and looked back up at the sky. You giggled and cuddled up closer to him.

Your free hand on his chest, you could feel his heart pounding. You could sense his excitement and joy. So you stayed like that with him for quite a while. You could tell this was the beginning of something so much bigger, and you couldn't help but grin about the future.