Lightning Pt. 2 (Viggo X Reader)

Requested by: lydiagrimborn

Since it's never revealed how old Viggo is, we're going to say he's 26 here, and you can decide what age you want to be.

-------

After RTTE

The morning after your short meeting with Viggo, you made your way to training with (D/n). "We're gonna have a lot of explaining to do," you huffed with a sideways grin. Upon arriving in the arena, you felt your heartbeat speed up, mumbling to yourself, "well, here goes nothing...or everything."

"(Y/n), hey, how'd last night go?" Astrid asked you curiously. Apparently, Hiccup had told everyone about what was going on. Normally, you'd be frustrated at this, but since you were going to tell them anyways, you let it slide.

"Well, you won't believe me," you began. Everyone gathered around you as you told them what happened. You told every detail except for the name, wanting to save that for last.

Fishlegs was ecstatic when he heard that this mystery man had trained a skrill. "That's so fascinating!" He exclaimed, "skrill's usually hate people."

"Yeah, the last time we saw a skrill trust someone was..." Hiccup began with a smile, but trailed off. His face grew into one of bewilderment, "..oh, don't even tell me..."

You grinned a bit nervously, "surprise."

The twins exchanged a look of confusion. "Uh, what?" Tuff asked.

Hiccup pressed a hand to his forehead and sighed. "You're kidding, right? You're not actually thinking about...oh Thor," he muttered.

"Hey, wanna tell the rest of us what's going on?" Snotlout asked in annoyance.

"The man I met," you paused and took a deep breath, "was Viggo."

Everyone's mouths dropped open. After a good long hesitation, Astrid demanded in pure shock, "what?!"

"He had arrows, in his back," Hiccup recalled, "how did he survive?"

"Woah, this guy's invincible," Tuff exclaimed, "first the volcano, now this?"

"Lilith saved him," you told them with a shy smile.

"The skrill?" Hiccup assumed.

You sighed and went on. "Viggo..doesn't have anywhere to go," you explained, "he's lost everything and become a drifter. I was thinking that, after some time, he could come stay here..?"

"Are you insane?" Snotlout questioned, "he tried to kill us, so many times."

"So did Dagur," you reminded them, "just give him a chance."

Hiccup looked from the awe-struck Vikings to his best friend. "We will, (Y/n), but...it's not us you need to convince," he finished. You knew what that meant. So that evening, you would talk to Stoick with Hiccup. Hopefully, you'd be able to sway him.

• • •

Over the next few weeks, you and Viggo exchanged many letters. Your heart fluttered everytime you saw that blue terrible terror. And after talking it over with the chief, it was decided that Viggo could come for a short visit.

You were training with Hiccup and the others when you spotted the lightning in the clouds. "Oh Thor," Astrid heaved.

"Everyone just..keep in mind that he did save us," Hiccup reminded as the skrill descended, landing  just outside of the arena.

You raced excitedly out to meet him, (D/n) following eagerly. When Viggo's feet hit the ground of Berk, the tension surrounding him became apparent; he felt out of place. So you gave him a hug in order to lessen his stress.

"(Y/n)," he breathed with a smile, hugging you back.

When you let him go, the other riders had all gathered around awkwardly. Viggo looked, for the first time ever, completely embarrassed and ashamed. Picking up on this, Fishlegs spoke up to try and ease into a conversation. "So, a skrill," he began, "how do you fly without getting electrocuted?"

Viggo smiled weakly and explained, "this outfit was made specially to deflect electricity."

Hiccup smiled, "that's interesting. How'd you make it." Finally, Viggo smiled in full. Soon they were all talking up a storm like old friends. And after meeting with Stoick, the chief had decided to allow Viggo to stay, as long as he was under 24/7 supervision for a while. You gladly offered to be that 24/7 supervisor.

• • •

You and Viggo were walking around the docks one night a week after he arrived. Lilith flew above as a storm came through and played happily in the lightning. This also was a greet help to Berk, since she was able to keep the lightning from destroying any homes.

"I'll never understand how your people can be so forgiving," Viggo muttered, staring at the shallow waves of the ocean, painted black by the night.

You smiled shyly and took him by the hand, "we just know 'good' when we see it."

Viggo gave you a look of astonishment. Seeing the blush on your cheeks, he smiled sweetly and brought you into a firm hug. "You've given me a second chance at a life I never would have otherwise had," he told you, the lowness of his voice sending your heart racing.

You pulled your head away from him slightly, just enough to see his eyes. Placing a hand on his scarred cheek, you suddenly pulled him into a kiss. Your first kiss ever. And it was with Viggo. He was surprisingly timid and thoughtful as he moved his plush lips against yours. And when you pulled away, he gave you a smirk and teased, "well, it's about time."

Rolling your eyes you wiggled out of his arms and punched him playfully. You then leaned your back into his chest, his arms snaking around your middle. Over time, Viggo earned his place not only as a Berkian, but as a dragon rider. He even helped in defeating Drago. And your love only grew, every day, for the rest of your lives.

-------

Also just a side note but I realized something while looking through my HTTYD pictures today. Look closely at Viggo's fire sword. It's much different from the one Hiccup had at the time. But in the second movie, Hiccup's looks almost exactly like Viggo's. AND. Viggo was the first to use zippleback gas in the sword as well, as shown in Triple Cross. Hiccup used Viggo's fire sword design to improve his own. I'm crying.