The death of an innocent (Rewritten)

Running through the woods was tiring.
to be fair, being chased by a murderous serial killer was also tiring.
You stopped to lean against a tree, your attacker somewhere within the woods.

"Jesus- this is not how I thought I'd be spending my Friday night,"

A faint laugh echoed in your ears, you felt your eyes widen while your burning legs carried you farther away. 

"I don't think I'll be making it home for supper in time Ma..." You attempted to joke, but your stomach was slowly sinking. It was late, nobody knew you were missing, and you weren't even sure which direction the house was in. 

I don't know how I'm going to make it out of this one, I'm so damn tired.

"You can do this. You're gonna be okay," you reprimanded yourself, but it wasn't much of a comfort as the woods fell silent. Normally the chirp of crickets, or rustle of wildlife would fill your ears, but only the breeze could be heard. 

I think I lost the bastard...

Relief seeped into your bones, and for a moment, you started celebrating. The moment was short lived.

"Good day miss, are you lost?"

You flinched, horror crawling its way up your spine and immobilizing you. The voice was sharp, silky. Undoubtedly male. It even had a bit of charm to it.

It's fuckin' near me...

"Who's there? Show yourself fucker!" You ordered shakily.

"Tsk, is that any way to talk to a man?" He replied. You narrowed your eyes, anger flaring up before being replaced with fear once more. 

Then you were stumbling backwards, a burning pain spread from your thorax to the rest of your body--something was lodged in your chest. Clawing weakly at your chest, you found a knife sticking out of you. 

Horrified, your vision blurred with tears. "H-holy shit...you," You hiccuped, blood bubbling up your throat. 

You felt yourself hit the ground, spasming as a thin frame stood above you. But all you could think about was the white-hot pain, and your stuttering heartbeat in your ears.

Get it out get it out GET IT OUT

"Son of a bitch," Your voice died out. Your body stilled, though you willed it to get up and get out-
I'm too young...twenty is hardly an acceptable age to die...Ma and Pa...what will they do when I'm gone? Who will man the farm...plant the seeds? 

I'm going to die alone in the woods, before even making past 20. Having a family. 

Your thoughts spiraled into the life you could've had--friends, a job, kids. Your Ma and Pa standing there and smiling as you made them Grandparents. 

I never even said goodbye.

"I never..."

You vaguely felt a finger to your lips, as you began to watch the foggy grass go by. You were being dragged away. 

And the last thing you heard, the last lines of your pitiful life. 

"Theres a lot of things we've never done. Don't fret, dear, you aren't missing much. However, i offer my condolences to your family."

The pain faded away, as did every other sense. Your thoughts, memories, emotions, everything melted into the static of a radio. And your world went up in smoke.

You were gone. 

{....}

Blinking away the tears, you opened your eyes to see nothing but red.