Fool me fool me, dont you dare fool me!

haha play on the title huh? Well, I'm proud. and glad that we're back together, i love writing fluff :)
...

"I think this may have been a mistake."

"No shit Sherlock!"

"How do you even know who that is?"

Alastor huffed impatiently, ignoring your comment. You shook your head exasperatedly, analyzing the situation quickly. Alastor was stuck in the window, who would've thought that an 8 foot Slim Jim would get stuck in a 4 by 4 window? Not you, apparently.

"It's your fault either way, 'Don't worry (Y/N), I can climb in through the window. what? It's five stories up? No problem dear, I see a ladder!'" you mocked him bitterly, however amused you were at the current predicament. He growled, trying to squeeze his limbs though again.

Alastor let out a hiss of pain when it obviously didn't work, awkwardly shifting about in his position.

"ok, so. It's time for you help dear" he mumbled, scowling at the ground of your room.

"What? Sorry, I didn't hear you...speak up please" you giggled, slyly walking up to him. He bared his teeth like an animal, leaning into the hand that began stroking his ears.

"Just help me" he snapped, shaking your hand away with a fierce but playful glare.
"ok, hold still—it'll probably hurt because I'm just going to pull you through—but, it's nothing your not used to." You smirked, finding his hands and grabbing them.

the good thing being they were out in the open, so you wouldn't break any bones by pulling too hard or something. "One..."

He sighed, sucking in.

You yanked as hard as you could, feeling a bit of resistance but a satisfying thud at the same time. looking up, Alastor was above you, half laying on you.

"Fancy seeing you here" he teased, gritting his teeth in pain. you snorted an amused laugh, shook off the blush that dusted your cheeks. Sliding out from under him and closing the strained window, you went to check the opening.
"Let's hope nobody saw you, sticking halfway out the window" you muttered, turning around to see Alastor dusting himself off gracefully.

"Where have you been sleeping? Not in the hotel, clearly." You asked curiously, running a hand through your knotted hair.
"Usually in the forest, or in the street by accident. Imagine how much I'm looking forward to a bed." He told you, absently picking at the hem of his pin-striped coat. You missed that, too.

"Well, you're in luck I suppose. it's getting kinda dark anyway, and it's been a really long—" You cringed, searching for the correct word.

"uhm, month."

he nodded in understanding and agreement, taking off his coat and putting his monoclonal on your red-wood dresser.

Biting your lip, you blushed, turned and threw off your sweatshirt in a stressed manner. Throwing on a t-shirt, you frowned. It wasn't your fault you weren't used to this anymore.

it was nice, but, you'd somehow managed to revert to the beginning with him.

Sighing, you jumped slightly as a pair of arms snaked around you and a warm, furry head nestled into the crook of your neck. Nibbling on the inside of your cheek nervously, you stepped away and looked at the ground.

"(Y/N)?" He said, with uncertainty and a confused tone. It filled you with more guilt.

don't just stand there! Do something!

"It's just," you searched for the words, mouth going dry. "...been awhile"
Alastor nodded knowingly, grimacing as he sidestepped to let you get by to your bed; gentlemen, you decided for the fifth time.

"Sorry, I'll...sleep on the floor?" He paused, wrinkling his nose. You felt a twinge of pity to accompany your guilt; Nobody should have to sleep on the floor. The bed was big enough, it was a king size.

"No, you sleep on the other side, I don't wanna make you sleep there."

He smiled, grinning and getting into the bed hesitantly, you sighed and smiled silently, climbing in on the other side. "This is so weird" you whispered.

What an articulate and well-spoken sentence! You should be a poet, (Y/N)!

Wrinkling your nose as Alastor started chuckling lowly. "Agreed."
"Well...." you paused, risking it and taking The Radio Demons hand in your own. "We can take it slow. G'night, Bambi boi" you blushed when he clutched your hand harder, running his fingers along your knuckles.

What a fucking day.

The thought of everything that had happened so far occurred, and you instinctively froze a bit, tensing up. Then, the floodgates opened. Angel Dust? Charlie? Vaggie? The fuck were you supposed to tell them?
Sighing, you shook slightly in anxious anticipation. Alastor didn't notice, only giving your hand a squeeze. It was likely he didn't know what you were going through, but that wasn't really his fault.

What were you supposed to do? Vaggie would accuse Al of mind control or some shit, Angel Dust would go full bad-shit crazy!
Charlie might be sensible...you hoped dreadfully.

They don't need to know just yet, (Y/N).

You told yourself all sorts of reassuring things, but in the end, it was to no avail.
Nothing could shake the guilt, anxiety, and pure fear for what shit you'd have to do later on.

"Christ" you whispered, pulling your knees in and snuggling into the covers.
At least Alastor was back, that was an amazing relief. To have a person that loved you back? A grounding force, to always be by your side?
You smiled softly, thinking over what you could do.

Everything would be alright, you decided.

shaking the pesky thoughts off, you closed your eyes forcibly and focused on the grounding hold of Alastors hand, drifting to welcome sleep.

...
the Bambi Boi nickname goes to @01SpiderQueen10

So, problem. I don't want "it" to be a part of this anymore. I'll have to write out this confusing ass battle scene, or just end it with him swearing on coming back or something. Which I don't plan to make a second book for. Thoughts? If I wrote a somewhat new ending but without him, would y' all dig it?

Edit: I'm going through and revising/rewriting the chapters so IT doesn't exist. Sorry, i just wasn't happy wit how he started turning out!
Also, this hasn't been edited yet, so, I'll do that later.
The revisions start here - the chapter name where the revisions start, naturally.

Idk, lemme know what you think.

(1060 words)