Fluffy character development

Snuggling into Alastors delicate grip, you sighed and pressed a kiss to his arm.
"Morning"
you smiled, turning your head to look up at him, and it was priceless.
His 'ears' were an absolute mess, hair sticking out of place and antlers tangling it as well. The tufts of hair on either side of his face was ruffled and stuck in his mouth, and his face had a gentle, groggy grin plastered on it. You shifted a little, enjoying how your legs were tangled together beneath the blankets.
He patted your messy hair, pecking the tip of your nose sharply, staring at you with a fascinated look.
"What?" you inquired, looking him up and down. He shook his head, sighing and closing his eyes.
"You're beautiful my dear" he murmured quietly, pink sprinkling his cheeks as he said so. You decided now wasn't the time for jokes, and you could see he was being genuine.
"Thank you, Alastor. I could say the same about you, even if you look like you got run over by a car" you said, smoothing down his hair. Alastor frowned "we can't all look perfect when we wake up darling, I think it's just a you thing." He smiled, pulling you closer so every inch of you was pressed against him in a universal way.
Like everything was telling you this is where you should be. The cosmos must have shaped him to perfectly fit you, of all people. As if you and Alastor had been meant for each other from the start, soulmates from the start. You should stay forever within his grasp.
You agreed with the universe. Here is where you should have always been.
Destiny, i suppose.
Alastor reopened his eyes, peering at the concentration on your face. "What are you thinking about, my love?" he tilted his head, nothing but concern written in his eyes.
"The cosmos. How we're like two puzzle pieces that don't fit anywhere, except for with each other" You sighed, nuzzling into his chest, face burning with how cliche that sounded.
"That was so cheesy" he muttered, running his long fingers through your greasy hair.
"I know, but it's basically what i was thinking about. You asked," you grumbled, tracing stars and crescent moons along his abdomen, careful of the wrapped gash.
"Such a sap" he shook his head, tsking softly to himself and continuing to stroke your hair.
"Ew don't do that, my hairs greasy and oily right now" you grumbled, swatting his hand away and flushing in embarrassment.
"Surely by now, you must realize I think you're beautiful no matter what? Have all my struggles gone unnoticed? in vain?" he said woefully, turning from your face in a dramatic way. You snorted "yeah but i still need to take a proper shower. a cold water wash will ruin my hair, and frankly, it's a pain to deal with after that." you scoffed, running a finger through your knotted, disgusting hair. "So I hope you know I'm going to get up soon. And we need to work, so that's also a 'problem'" you sighed, rubbing your forehead. So much to do, all too soon.
It's not like you hadn't handled worse or anything.
I suppose i'm just stressed, it could explain why my face is going through a breakout.
Dammit! You'd figure people would have clear skin in hell, but noooo!
Alastor shifted, kissing your hairline and giving you a crooked grin. You raised an eyebrow, a bit wrapped up in your condescending thoughts, so you both fell into a warm, comfortable silence in which you could hear Alastors breath against your ear. It was quite lulling, but the tickling on your ear kept you semi-awake. Eventually, you drifted into the state of mind where you let your thoughts wander, and everything becomes surreal around you, nearly blocking out all other distractions.
It wasn't a state you found yourself in often, but at the moment you were indifferent about its appearance, simply letting it take hold of you. Could be nice to just relax for once.
Especially after what happened yesterday.

(ALASTOR'S POV/2nd person)

Alastor rested his eyes, as (Y/N) had seemingly called asleep again, or was close to doing so. It was weird to figure it out, but he absolutely adored her when she dozed, completely relaxed. Her mouth wasn't in a snarky smirk or a childish pout. Not even in that beautiful smile of hers. just...relaxed.
Completely at ease. As if the world ceased to bother her, and she was one with the blankets.
It was the cutest thing he'd ever witnessed, to be honest. It sort of mad him mad how much just the sight of you made his knees weak with awe and adoration.
Stroking your hair, Alastor sighed, taking notes from you and letting his own mind wander as well. Even though he didn't particularly enjoy it, it could be nice to...let some memories back in? Even if they weren't pleasant ones, he really thought confrontation was a good idea.
Laying back in the pillow and shifting closer to (Y/N), the smile fell from his face, only to be replaced with a content frown.
But mother said to always keep smiling? He didn't know, (Y/N) said that it was ok to be sad, you were only human. But Alastor didn't feel human. Normal humans didn't murder people or their parents. Normal people would feel guilty if they'd shot someone, taking them from their families.
But you do feel guilty! You feel guilty for hurting your beloved, (Y/N).
Yes, I know. I don't know what this lady had been doing to me, but she helps me.
Helps you what?
Be more human. I feel alive when I'm with her, as odd as that sounds considering we're in hell.
But you're the one who brought her here. It's your fault, Alastor.
I know it's my fault. But I'll figure something out when she leaves me because she will.
You'll have to keep smiling through the whole thing, Alastor. It's who you are.
i know.
It was quite confusing, to be honest. Keep smiling through the toughest of things. Through all things. He'd even kept smiling when he'd held a gun up to his dad, screaming like a maniac. The man deserved it though. He didn't know about his mother deserving it, but he certainly didn't feel very guilty.
Sociopath. Psychopath. Please, people love to put a label on everything. Back in the day, he only had one label and it was insane.
Of course, years upon years of living in hell wouldn't change that. He had just grown another nickname, is all.
The Radio Demon.
Oh, he got chills every time someone screamed that name in fear.
But then (Y/N) came along, and he had...unintentionally changed. She had wormed her way into his cold heart (As cliche as it sounded). Looking down at the sleeping girl, he smiled.
Am i happy with this change? Is this what i wanted to happen?
Yes. If i have to be sane in order to keep her, then i shall do so.
Frowning, he began to think of his mother and father. His father was no doubt here in hell, and his mother? Who knows. Hopefully, she was in heaven, it was the least he could hope for.
His mother and Father. He remembered their death, what a kill it had been. The screams sill stuck with him today, and the image of the bloodied bodies on the floor still flashed in his mind from time to time. Truly an exquisite night it had been...