King of the world

"Move over. You're taking up too much room!" (Y/N) hissed, pushing at Alastors chest. He frowned, rolling his eyes "you're a midget, how much room could you need?"

"Everybody's a midget compared to you! This doesn't count!" She snapped, shuffling under the covers. Alastor wanted desperately to wrap his arms around her and cuddle her close to his chest. Things would be so much easier if they could just move on.

"Sorry." He mumbled, shifting back a bit. She sighed, "it's ok. I'm just frustrated."

"With everything?" He asked, sure of her answer. "Yeah. They're really stressing me out, and it seems like the only one willing to really help me through it is..." she paused, inhaling. Alastor waited with bated breath, anticipating her response.

"Well, you." She joylessly chuckled and flipped over on her side, facing away from him. Alastor took his chance and snuggled up to her back, connecting like puzzle pieces as they used to.

"Wh-"

"I know, I know. But I think more of this would kill me." He mumbled, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. (Y/N) stiffened, freezing up a second before relaxing into him. Resigning, he knew that she had missed this too.  Alastor smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist, happy that they could go back to this sort of affection.

It was nice.

...

He awoke to heavy breathing, and (Y/N) facing him and clutching his shirt tightly. She looked distressed, lines of anxiety etched into her perfect face. Alastor faintly heard her utter words like too young, and his eyes. It was easy to guess what she was dreaming about, and it broke his heart to know she was suffering through that again.

Feeling stab of guilt, he racked his brain for ideas or options to wake her without a full-on meltdown. Then, it occurred. The trigger was his eyes!

Grabbing a pillow, he hid his face and navigated to her shoulder to shake it.

He heard a gasp, and the shifting of blankets as he felt her shoot up and shake the bed.

"Alastor!" She yelped and he heard her irrational breathing, unsteadily taking in gulps of air.

"I'm right here, behind this!" He said, muffled. He felt a pair of warm arms wrap around his waist, and his face was smothered by the pillow. She squeezed him tight and didn't let go, her heart beat wild and unruly.

"Why..." she shifted out of his encompassing grasp, "Why are you hiding your face?"

He took the pillow down slowly, fluttering his eyes open and taking in what he could through the darkness. She looked terrible, glistening with sweat in the red light of the city. He could make out frazzled hair, and her still huffing deeply.

"I figured my eyes trigger your PTSD, so, if you couldn't see them after the nightmare, you wouldn't have an even bigger panic attack." He said, smiling softly as she cupped his cheek lovingly.

"That's...a very good point, Alastor. Thank you for thinking of me." She mumbled, leaning into a hug that Alastor provided. He wrapped her up in his arms and threw a blanket over both of them, a cocoon of love.

Inwardly he snorted, when did he become so soft? a cocoon of love?

He glared at her head fondly, but couldn't help the smile that cracked. Arms still wrapped around his love, he put his head on the top of hers and sighed in content. He could definitely get used to this...

Suddenly (Y/N) shifted to push her head out of the blanket, and Alastair could make out the shining reflection of a tear trail down her cheek.

He cupped her cheek and lifted her head to look him in the eyes. She looked away, sniffling.

Silence filled the room like a heavy, thick smog. It was almost suffocating...but serene and still. The bustling city could still be heard in the back of his mind however though.

"You ok?" He murmured in her ear, concern dripping from his voice.

She continued to look at his hand, ignoring the question.

"Hey," he said, "look at me."

She reluctantly turned her gaze to him, and Alastor frowned.

"I don't know what I want." She weakly whispered. "I want to let you hold me and care for me..." she started quickly, voice wavering, "but...isn't that wrong? You murdered me...but you didn't know?" Her voice became frantic and breath erratic, "But it feels so wrong, but the thrill of loving you? It's the thing I seem to thrive off of. It scares me how much I seem to need you!" She started to shout, alarming him.

"Hey hey hey...you don't need to know what you want. It doesn't have to be that confusing, trust me." He slowed her, putting his hands on her shoulders.
She was overthinking things, but Alastor could see the reason in it. He did some wrong things, despicable things. And she didn't deserve to be thing distraught or confused.

"You don't have to know what you want yet. Just...I know what I want. But here's the thing. We have literally an eternity to figure this stuff out!" He dryly chuckled, "We can take it slow."

She looked away, "I always forget that."
He smiled, kissing her forehead softly.

"I know. For now, do we want to go back to sleep?" He looked around, "or are we already awake?"

She sighed, smiling "let's watch some TV until we go to bed. Tomorrow is another day." She sighed, settling down and leaning her head onto his chest.
He stuck his hand out of the blanket to grab the remote and flick on the crappy TV.

On came Titanic, the classic scene where they were on the boat and he was the 'king of the world.' (Y/N) stuck her head out of the blanket to watch the screen.

Before he said it, Alastor prepared to quote it.

"I'm the king of the world!" He and (Y/N) both whispered at the same time. Looking down at her, he smiled again.

"I remember my mom said her sister died on the Titanic. She was always sad when it was mentioned in the anniversary." She murmured, eyes trained on the screen.

"Sorry. I thought it was hilarious." He deadpanned, guilt crawling into his heart.

"Oh. I guess some things don't change" she said, chuckling.

"Why are you laughing? Isn't that a bad thing?" He started.
"It's not like I can change everything about you. If I did that you wouldn't even be the demon I fell in love with." She informed.

He pondered that thought. He forgot that she was different, and really knew what he was. It was nice that somebody knew that there were some things he just couldn't change.

He looked down to see (Y/N) with her eyes closed, peacefully sleeping already. He carefully leaned back on the pillows and shut the TV off, kissing her forehead.

"Love you," she whispered groggily, snuggling into him.

"Love you too"

...

Awww I love the fluffy stuff, it's the best thing to write :3
Note: want more Alastor content? Check out my one-shot series! It's got all sorts of things, and you can request W H A T E V E R you want!

:0 (1212 words)