The Dream 2

The day had gone by smoothly, and Angel had given you back your scarf so the residents of the hotel didn't think you were some slut. That was a plus?
Anyways, things had gone by smoothly, and you were just finishing cleaning the windows of the kitchen when a blackness enveloped your vision, and everything cut away.

Waking up in the middle of your forest clearing, you groaned, punching the ground.
"I can't have one normal shift, can i?!" you muttered, getting up.
Any second, your killers voice would ring out with 'are you lost, miss?' or some bullshit.
"I a seriously getting tired of this."
How long ago was it when you had that dream of your death? two days? Jesus, you couldn't go two days without suffering PTSD about it.
No doubt you would wake up crying, screaming, and angry.
"good day miss, are you lost?"
You refused to be scared this time, standing up and getting into a fighting stance.
"Shut up fucker! i know this is a dream! Don't you hide from me!" You screamed at the sky, shoving away the fear that made your heart rate spike, and your knees shake.
It was undeniable that you still felt a paralyzing  terror when hearing that voice.
"So familiar..." You breathed, anticipating a knife in your chest any minute now.
"Come out of hiding bastard! I know your game!" you yelled, beginning to doubt your decision to challenge your murderer.
"tsk tsk, is that any way to talk to a grown up?" The voice scolded in an almost fatherly tone.
You growled "Go ahead! Throw the knife!"
the voice—who you were pretty certain was a male—laughed sinisterly, a figure being made visible past the fog.
Stepping back, you examined the hazy silhouette, trying to figure out what it looked like.
"What are you?!"
he did not reply, for you felt that typical burning sensation in your chest.
Grabbing at the knife, you bit your cheek and ripped it out.
"SHIT"
holy shit, how does that hurt so much? it's a DREAM!
you pressed your hand to the wound, feeling your vision go blurry and dark.
no. I must stay awake...perhaps i can identify my killer
You fought the urge to close your eyes and just let the darkness take you, but it was too much.
Once again, that last thing you saw was a man dragging you away...but this time, you could just barely make out a glowing red on the edges of his silhouette.
Red.
Remember Red.

Instead of a harsh, rough awakening, you slowly came to, scanning the area around you in a mild panic.
Hiccuping as a sob escaped you, you pulled your knees to your chest and stayed like that for some time.
Although your traumatized reaction to the dreams was getting more bearable to go through, it was still sickening, and left a rotten taste in your mouth.
Alastor wasn't here to hold you this time, and it pained you to sit there on the cold floor.
You just wanted Alastor.
But he clearly wasn't going to show up, so you picked yourself up and stumbled over to the sink where you washed your mouth out, eliminating the foul taste of fear and blood.
"Better get to the room" you stated weakly to yourself. It might take a while, but you weren't about to call for help.
As much as you wanted the Radio Demon to hold you and be by your side, you had to do this on your own.
Throwing the door open, you clumsily walked to the elevator, checking each corner for possible witnesses.
It was frightening, in a way.
These visions—dreams kept showing up and smashing you to bits. Just when you thought you'd gotten over the whole 'murder' thing, the universe had something else in store for you.
One you made your way to the room, you unlocked the door and flopped onto the bed, exhausted.
What were these dreams trying to tell you? You kept getting closer to the identity of your killer, every time, you were given one more hint. One more push as to who he was.
Next time i'll just run at him.
You were bound to end up with a knife in your chest anyways.
Curling in on yourself, you pinched the bridge of your nose and sighed, frustrated.
Can't have a normal day in hell i suppose.
looking over at the door sleepily, you began to drift away, your last though being of Alastor.
Hopefully the dream wouldn't torment you.

(Alastor POV/Third Person)

Alastor arrived at his hotel room, positively tired.
Nothing was harder than guarding the hotel.
All he did was sit around, practically falling asleep as he waited for some action.
"I'll have to ask charlie if i can switch jobs. Perhaps i can just clean all day. at least i'm actually doing something." He grumbled, unlocking the door and stepping in his room. Met with sunlight hazily streaming in through the blinds, and cloths strewn about the floor.
(Y/N) was napping on their bed, snoring softly and cuddling a pillow.
He smiled fondly at the sleeping girl, beginning to clean up the messy-beyond-all-reason room.
Throwing the dirty clothes in a bin and cleaning up the bathroom was easier than expected, so he finished that rather quickly, hopping in bed beside (Y/N) and sliding the pillow out of her grasp.
She clutched on to it, letting out pathetic whimpers and sad noises.
Alastor cooed at the clingy demon, grabbing the pillow and tossing it to the floor, his body taking its place.
(Y/N) immediately latched on, rubbing his abdomen with her cheek, clutching him close.
A shroud of doubt overtook him.
One day, she was going to find out who had killed her. And that would be the day he lost her. He could imagine it all to well, the betrayed glance, the anxiously frantic, fearful steps away from him.
Worst of all...the silence.
"She'll never speak to me again" Alastor breathed, tears welling up in his eyes. No. Demons don't cry. What would Mother say?

"You're never fully dressed without a smile, dear."
"but i scraped my knee mommy! it hurts, don't make me try again!" he wailed, clutching onto her dusty-blue skirt.
"Now now Alastor, if you don't learn now, you'll never learn at all!" she'd coo, patting his head.
"Chin up. It'll be ok my darling, don't let such a small thing get you down." she assured, picking him up and spinning him around.
"Climb the tree, me and daddy can't make much without the apples. Please try? for me?"
Alastor pouted sadly, running up to the tree and kicking it.
An apple fell and hit him on the head.
"Oh alastor! We don't kick the trees! Are you alright?" she rushed over to him, cupping his cheek and lifting his chin. Tears pooled in his eyes "The apples are mean! don't make me try again" he whimpered! burying his head in her skirt.
She smiled sadly "We'll try tomorrow"

Alastor had never learned to climb that tree, as a month later the dust storms hit, knocking everything down. Buried in dust.
A traumatic experience for him. Even though it was a simple scrape of the knee, and the apple was soft, it prompted his dad to go off on a drunk rampage the night of.
No apple pie for tonight? Of course it was Alastors fault.
When was it not?
(Y/N) slowly stirred below him, sitting up and rubbing her eyes.
"Enjoy your nap?" Alastor teased,shoving away the pesky memories he had just relived.
Bury it in the storm, was beginning to become his new motto.
She yawned, going back to cuddling him.
"I had another dream. The one of my murder?" she said in a full voice. Alastors ears perked.
"Did you come any closer to finding out who did it?"
"No. I did get a clue though. it's a he, he's lean and tall. And something about the color red. could be helpful, no?" she asked, nuzzling info alastors shirt. Alastors heart dropped.
Play the part.
"Yeah. Are you ok? Last time you had the dream, you awoke in tears...that didn't happen this time, did it?" he said worriedly. She nodded slightly "Not as bad as last time, but it was surprising." noticing the look on his face, she smiled sadly. "It's ok, you couldn't do anything about it." she murmured into Alastors chest, kissing his exposed collarbone.
She's coming too close.
My time is running out.
She'll remember soon and there'sant nothing you can do about it. She'll hate you, everyone will.
You'll be back to stalking the streets, hunting deer and cold, (Y/N)less nights.
Alastor clutched her closer, burying his head in her hair and tearing up.
"I'm going to lose you." He breathed, to quiet for (Y/N) to hear.
He was going to lose his one and only.
"When do you think the next dream will come?" he asked, trying to hide the fear and sorrow in his voice.
She frowned, a concerned look crossing her face briefly.
Cupping his cheek, she looked away.
"Soon."

"Soon i'll know who he is for sure, and we can go find him together."

....
this chapter is shit and i hate it but i have to update daily bc why not