100% perfect

Alastor caught (Y/N) as she stumbled out of the bed, knees wobbly.
"Alastor, dear, I can stand I promi—"
As she said that, she fell to the ground and bumped her shoulder. Alastor sucked in a breath, cringing. That could not have felt good.

She bit her lip hard, squeezing her eyes shut and breathing heavily through her nose for a few seconds while Alastor held his arms out.

"I'm ok..." she gritted out, using her good arms to hoist herself up with the help of Alastor at her waist

"Are you sure that you should be out an about like this? What if you fall, or dislocate your other shoulder?" He fretted, pulling at the tail of his coat out of habit.

"You worry too much, Al." She soothed, cupping his cheek and holding onto his shoulder tight. He frowned, putting an arm on her hip to steady her.

"It's a little at a time, we should be working up to walking." He murmured, grumpy.

"Alastor, I love you, but you have to let me do this!" She sighed, taking a hesitant step forward. He shook his head, watching her every move carefully.

"But—" He started, cutting off. It was no use, she was too stubborn.

He grunted and helped her get from the door back to the bed, with little trouble. She nearly fell a few times, but eventually, her legs regained their power. The real problem was her spine, it didn't seem to want to cooperate with her.

"That spine of yours..." he mumbled, carefully settling her down in the bed once more. He was proud, really he was. But...there was the nagging worry that one day she would hurt herself again, and be stuck, immobile, for weeks on end.

Alastor sat right next to her probably exhausted legs, "Are you sure you're ok?" He said, nervously fixing her hair like a mother. She swatted at his hand, annoyed.

"Shoo fly, shoo!" She playfully teased, grabbing his hands and pushing them away from her face.

"I'm just...well, it's been stressful, ok?" He confessed, rubbing the back of his neck. It really hadn't been fun seeing his darling in a hospital bed for so long.
"I know, I know. But you need to trust me, and let me do this." She softly mumbled, smiling fondly at him. "I'll never get anywhere without trying."

Alastor pursed his lips, still not entirely ok with all of it. Sighing inwardly, he expected defeat and deflated on the spot.
She's right, as usual.

(Y/N) patted his hands in a comforting manner, grinning wickedly. He looked at her suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Angel told me that we're married? Care to explain?" She slyly said, snickering.

Alastor grimaced, embarrassed. Of course, Angel would notify her of that; why wouldn't he?
Good-for-nothing arachnid.

"I only said it to make the process go faster; they never would've let me in if I said I was your lover!" He folded his arms with a 'humph' and continued to sulk. Truly mortifying.

"It's ok, I think it was bound to happen sometime." She shrugged with one arm, smiling fondly.
Alastor pauses, mouth open. Was she being serious? They could be like that someday?

"Oh." Is all he managed.

How perfectly eloquent.
'Oh'
"Well, I'll keep that in mind." He nervously grinned. Ok, so that was new.

"Anyways, I invited the gang over, and Husk might stop in to say hi. Although I'm not sure if he'll be sober for it." He informed her. He figured it was best to invite everyone over, despite how tiresome they were.