Epilouge

Five years later

"Girls—and Angel Dust—" You started, beaming at them, "I know you've all been patiently waiting for this day, and here it is."

Three eager faces intently watched you hold up a pristine white bag, display it like a woman on deal or no deal, and purse your lips to hold your excitement.

You unzipped it to reveal a dazzling white dress, laced and flowy as you had picked out. Nobody had seen it yet, and the real beauty was not from the dress, but from the adoring faces of your bridesmaids.

Yes, you were getting married.

After setting down the dress carefully, Charlie ran up to you with a little squeal of joy and hopped to hug you closely. "I can't believe it! After...what, 5? 6? Years of this you're finally doing it!" She whooped with joy, nuzzling into your shoulder. Your eyes twinkled and she stopped, still.

"It's going to be perfect; I'll make it happen." She said, fixing and smoothing out your styled hair. You nodded, punching her shoulder lightly, "Damn straight! I wouldn't expect any less for you, Char."

She gave a small gleeful hum and sent you over to Vaggie, who awaited you (not so) patiently.

"I hate you." She deadpanned, wrapping her arms around your shoulders and squeezing until there was no air left; you huffed, sighing fondly.

"What'd I do?"

"Getting married before me! You two weren't together as long as me and Charlie were, yet here you are."
You slyly grinned, oh, Vaggie.

"Love you too,"
You broke off with a faint Thanks and rushed to the real star.
Angel rushed up to meet and pull you in a huge hug, cringing at how he might've just broken something.

"(Y/N)...oh I'm just so happy for you!" Angel cried, pulling away but still locking you in with a grip on your shoulders. You tilted your head to the side with a shy smile.

"Thanks." You murmured. He hugged you closer, the lovely but feminine suit rubbing up against your exposed arms silkily.
You looked down at the numerously scattered scars that littered your arms; frowning sadly.

Angel tilted up your chin with a soft expression; perhaps guessing what you'd been thinking.
"They're a part of you now, (Y/N). They aren't ugly, they aren't distracting, and they sure as hell aren't going to ruin this perfect day." He said with finality.
You relaxed and traced them lazily; he was right. You weren't allowed to be anything but happy on your wedding day, it was a fact of life.

Or, well, a fact of death really.

You squeezed his shoulder and dusted off his arms (both sets). He was truly the best one to be your maid of honor, wasn't he.

"Thanks guys, I'll be back in a moment. Time for the big reveal!" You enthusiastically said, giving them jazz hands.

Slipping into the bathroom, you flicked on the lights and took a deep breath over the sink; today it was really happening, wasn't it?

It seemed like only yesterday he was...well, you know.

Proposing.

Nine months ago

It was a cold night for Hell, the pentagram was glowing a distant blood-red beyond your ability to really see its detail. But, it was a silent night too.

You didn't get an abundance of those in Hell.

More and more demons had been rehabilitated and sent back to heaven, it was almost too hard to keep up! So many rooms were being used and cleared at the same time, it was taking a lot of people to keep the hotel running.