full circle

Hearing a groan from the other room, you decided that it was time to give Alastor everything he'd need to recover from a nasty hangover, it turned out that this time, you'd care for him.

"(Y/N) dear, are you here?" he called, as a loud thump could be heard. Peeking into the room, your concentrative frown deepened "Alastor get back in that bed right now!" you scolded like a mom.

Al rolled his eyes and palmed his forehead, leaning back into the bed. "Darling is there any advil around?"

You answered his question by walking over will a glass of water, the pills, and a wash cloth that you patted his sweaty forehead with.

He gave you grateful smile, popping the medicine and swallowing without water.

Without water?

"The fuck? what kind of monster are you?!" you yelled, eyes narrowing at his empty palm and confused face.

"I believe i don't understand...? Why am i a monster?" he cocked his head to the side. You grimaced, shaking your head shamefully.

"You just swallowed pills. Without. Water."

"Yeah?"

"I can't even look at you, disgusting ingrate." you hissed, shooing the demon away with your hands. Alastor just laughed and pulled at your arm needily. "Is that such a crime?"

"in every way." you mouthed, glaring down at him.

Alastor just pulled you into a hug and smiled, setting down everything you'd given him. Joining him on the bed, you gave him a kiss on the cheek, completely dropping the deathly act.

"What happened last night?" Alastor asked, leaning back on his elbows.

"You got drunk"

His everpresent smile fell, and you were left with a regretful frown on his face, and his eyes narrowing.
"of all the undignified things—" he stopped, grumbling and sighing, defeated. Taking hold of his hand you gave him a reassuring smile, memories of last night appearing in your mind.

"It's alright, you were hilarious last night. I think only me and husk got to see"
Alastor scoffed "Husk was there? What a party" he deadpanned, rolling his eyes and curling into you.

Stroking his ears, you closed your eyes for a moment of reminisce.
"It was a nice change, you're always closed off from me in a way...last night you spoke your mind" You murmured, placing a hand on alastors chest.

His ears perked up, a look of concern and guilt crossing als face. "Oh. If you want to know more about me...you can just ask dear." he said hesitantly, an aura of suspicion taking form around him.
which made you furrow your brow in worry. Was there something he was keeping from you?

"I mean, if you don't mind. I've already shared with you my past...the day that we met, actually."

Alastor sat up a little, just enough to look you in the eyes.
"I'll tell you about me past life, ok? i think it's time you knew more about me...wouldn't you agree?" he muttered, playing with the strands of your messy hair anxiously.

Nodding, you stroked his ears more; a calming tactic you'd found. Usually when Al got stressed, you would just rub his ears to ease his nerves. Worked every time.

Alastor relaxed into your touch, gaze softening a bit. "My mother was sweeter than syrup, they said. My father was an alcoholic who did nothing but complain and hit me" he paused, and you offered an encouraging hand for him to hold. a confusing look crossed his face before he looked away and continued "Someone broke in; shot them both, the details aren't necessary" he gulped, falling silent.