Love me love me, say that you love me

...

You weren't very keen on relationships, or love, or anything of that sort. But right here, right now? You'd never felt more wanted. And what would you ever trade that for? He was a blessing, a curse. a gift. Everything, all of the above. God, this was so wrong. You knew that, but at the same time how could you deny yourself of something you'd needed so badly? It was clear both of you desperately wanted this. From the way he gripped you tightly and held on for dear, sweet, life--to the way you buried your head in his coat, engulfed in the sweet sweet scent of whatever Alastor smelled like. You honestly didn't know how you'd be able to remove yourself from him.

But eventually, you let go. Not metaphorically though.

"I'm so sorry Alastor, for everything that happened. I understand if you don't want to...to be with me" you hesitantly sniffed. He grabbed your arms forcibly, surprising you enough to believe that he was genuine.

"Are you joking? You have a million and one reasons to hate me right now, yet you don't." He said "Don't ever say sorry, it was never your fault" he assured. For some reason, you felt inclined to apologize once more, yet you restrained yourself.

"Let's just say, forgive but never forget" You settled, watching the look of shock that appeared abruptly in his eyes. You missed them, however much PTSD they triggered. You just missed them.

Actually, you missed a lot.
You missed his beautiful rambunctious voice, his figure, his clothes, his scent, cane, hair, ears, you missed him. To an unimaginable amount. You missed his problems, the voices in his head. You missed the way he refused to get out of bed in the morning. You missed his loving stare when he thought you didn't notice. Like he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of you if he tried.

"You stare, you know." You blurted; although less embarrassed and more a matter a factly. His eyes widened, the full extent of your (eloquent) statement sinking in.

"Whatever do you mean, dear (Y/N)?" He eventually said, composing himself. "When you used to think I never noticed, or couldn't see. You would always stare at me; with this look of adoration in your gaze" You sighed, reminiscing what once was. Would you return to that? Not without some time and separate rooms, for your sake.

"Well--i"

"It's one of my favorite things about you"

He sputtered about for a few seconds, and then his face split into a wide grin, grabbing you by the waist and spinning you around. Shrieking and clinging to his grip, you laughed along with his bubbly giggle--giggled--, feeling the weightlessness that wasn't entirely chalked up to the fact that he spun you in the air.
Pressing your forehead against his as he slowed down, you genuinely beamed and pressed a tentative kiss to his nose. He sighed, putting you down and cupping his cheek "I'm so sorry, and I'll be completely honest from now on"

You appreciated it and nodded solemnly as if you expected something more. Of course, this was just to fray his nerves and worry him. Mission accomplished, you guessed.

"Starting now; id like to speak my first truth." He slowly spoke, looking past his messy hair and into your eyes. You quirked your eyebrow, giving him a smug, curious look.

"Oh?"

"Id like to say, that (Y/N) (L/N), I love you with a burning passion" He breathed, tilting your head upward to peck the corners of your mouth. An odd choice, but a welcome one.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, love." He purred, twirling your hair and pulling you closer. Nuzzling into his chest you relaxed, sighing.
"Angel dust isn't going to like me. Or you. Neither is Vaggie or Charlie." They all thought you were too passive with him, or, in other words, weak. For him.

"Let's not worry about that quite yet, let us have some time" he shushed, in that calm, comforting way of his. You smiled, for once you went against your better judgment. Nodding in agreement at his response, you fluttered your eyes shut and pivoted on your heel.

"Back to the hotel?" he shifted his gaze to the road "We'll have to sneak in, but I suppose I can find a backdoor," Alastor said confidently, taking your hand and striding to the street the hotel resides on. You cringed, yeah. That would be hard considering he was like eight feet tall.

"You can find your own way in, I'm going to pretend like I'm still not over you" you informed, giving him your best impression of when you first broke up. Slacking your jaw and giving the road ahead a glassy-eyed stare. He wrinkled his nose at your state, rubbing your back in a nervous way

"Guilt isn't a good look on you Alastor" you quipped once you saw his eyes darken. He scoffed, fixing his face quickly.
"The same goes for depression on you, dear" he smiled creepily (charmingly?) and blew you a seductive kiss.

Grumbling softly to yourself, he pecked your cheek quickly and looped his arm with yours. Blushing slightly, you leaned into the touch and allowed a small smile to fix itself on your face.

this could, would work.

...
don't @ me on the title

Took me about three days to actually upload, and it's still under my usual 1000 word mark. I'm not hEre for it.
Also new policy on me responding to comments, in going to respond to them if they're on the newest chapters only :)

If it's like a super drawn out praise comment i'll totally respond tho bc y'all are too nice! Thank you, and till next time!

(970 words)