Pete Imagine: Insomnia Filled Nights

Pete rolled over to face you. It was two in the morning and he was wide awake, while you were fast asleep.

He always kept his insomnia a secret from you. He never knew why he did it, but he did. Maybe it was because that you already had enough going on in your life or maybe it was because that he was scared to admit it.

He stroked your hair as he watched your sleeping form. He knew why he never told you about his insomnia now.

He enjoyed this. He enjoyed watching you sleep, you looked angelic and at peace. He loved watching it.

"You're awake," you said sleepily.

"Go back to sleep, I'll be fine," he said while flashing you a quick smile.

You sat up and rubbed your eyes. You secretly knew about Pete's insomnia, but you didn't want to tell him that you knew.

"Babe, please, just go back to sleep," he begged.

You huffed and fell back in the bed.  The only sign of light was the moon outside.

"What's troubling you?" You asked while cupping his cheek.

"Nothing," he mumbled.

"Oh come on, Pete, you think I don't know. I can see the dark rings form under your eyes."

Pete removed your hand and sighed. "I have really bad insomnia. I try to sleep and I take medicine for it but it doesn't work."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I enjoy nights like these, watching you forget all your problems. It makes me happy."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Pete, what can I do to help?" You asked suddenly, causing Pete to look at you and raise an eyebrow.

"There's nothing you can do. It's nothing you can fix."

You frowned but didn't say anything. You really wanted to help him. 

"There has to be something I can do," you whispered. 

"Just stay here with me. That's all you have to do, stay here, talk to me, get some sleep, cuddle with me, shower me with kisses, do whatever you want. But just stay here with me."

"Will do, Peter," you said while kissing his nose, "Will do."

He snuggled his head into your neck, he was growing tired, but he was wide awake at the same time. 

You let out a yawn and clung on to Pete, feeling the warmth off of him.

"I'm just the man on the balcony, singing nobody will remember me," you sang quietly.

"Really? That song?" Pete asked while laughing.

"It's catchy, leave me alone," you hissed before continuing to sing.

"A lunatic of a god or a god of a lunatic. Oh, their faces are dancing, dancing, till they can't stand it."

"You sound amazing, (Y/N)."

"Shut up, Pete. You're just sleep deprived," you chuckled before flicking his forehead.

"Hey!" He hissed while rubbing his forehead. "Do you take request?"

"No, not really, but I can make an exception for you."

"Do Alone Together, please."

You smiled, Pete knew how much you loved this song. He even wrote it thinking about you. It was your song.

"I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul," you sang quietly as you ran your fingers through his hair. "I don't know where you're going but I don't think I'm coming home. And I said, I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead. This is the road to ruin, and we started at the end."

You noticed that Pete's breathing was slow and even, meaning that he finally fell asleep.

"Let's be alone together. We can stay young forever. Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs."

You kissed the top of his forehead and snuggled into his chest.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," he whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too, Pete."