Joe Imagine: Nightmares

{First thing: I can't tell if that's actually Joe or not but I just really love that photo because I gives me vibes from The Outsiders. Second thing: They all looked so good last night, the boys and their dates they all looked amazing. Third thing: I wrote this while watching the Grammys (disappointed they didn't win) and I didn't know Joe had freckles like eXCUSE ME I LOVE FRECKLES LIKE WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I'M SUPER PISSED}

 Third thing: I wrote this while watching the Grammys (disappointed they didn't win) and I didn't know Joe had freckles like eXCUSE ME I LOVE FRECKLES LIKE WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I'M SUPER PISSED}

You and Joe sat on the trunk of his car. The cold air blowing, making your noses turn a light shade of red.

"I love nights like these," you sighed while looking up to see the stars. "It's just perfect."

"Any night with you is perfect," Joe said while kissing your cheek.

"Aw, Joey, that's adorable!"

You had a stupid grin on your face as the sky began to cloud up. Joe took the blanket he had wrapped around his shoulders and placed it on the both of your laps.

"Look!" You said in amazement, "It's starting to snow!"

"Yeah, it is."

You watched as many tiny flakes started to fall from the sky. That's something you'll never forget.

~

"Joe! Look!" You yelled as you ran up to him. A positive pregnancy test in your hand.

He gasped and hugged you, spinning you in the process.

"We're going to be parents!" He cheered. Another memory you would never forget.

~

"I'm sorry, but something happened," the doctor told you and Joe. "The baby died."

You and Joe both cried as the doctor told you the news. A memory you wanted to forget, but couldn't.

~

Now here you were, sobbing your heart out. Replaying memories as they carried him out. He didn't deserve what he got. He didn't deserve to die like this.

"Come on, (Y/N)," Andy said while putting a hand on your shoulder. "Wake up."

"Yeah, (Y/N), you need to wake up," Pete said while standing over you, but in a non-threatening way.

"Wake up, darling," Patrick said while hugging you.

~

You gasped as you bolted up in bed, tears were falling from your eyes as you remembered everything from the dream.

"You ok?" Joe asked while giving you a concerned look with his baby blue eyes.

"Y-yeah," you whispered as you wiped your tears away, only for new ones to take their place.

You let out a sob and buried your head in your hands as Joe sat up and hugged you.

"Hey, whatever it was, I assure you that everything will be alright," he said while rubbing your back.

"Y-you died. You were dead and all I could do was watch you get carried away in the casket," you cried out as you cried into his shoulder.

"Shh, it's alright, it's was just a nightmare, that's all," he said quietly while rocking you back and forth. 

You stayed in his arms as he ran his hand through your hair, you began to calm down but you were still emotional about this. 

"Promise me you'll never leave," you mumbled while finally looking up at him. Your face was red and puffy. 

"I promise, I'll never leave you, even with all of the gin joints in all of the world I would never leave you."

"I'm scared, Joe, I don't want anything to happen to you," you sobbed again as you squeezed him. It reminded him of a little child, how they find out that everyone dies and they cry about how they don't want their parents to die.

"Nothing's going to happen to me, don't cry, come on now. Where's my tough babygirl?"

"Nowhere here," you mumbled. "She's gone for the night."

"Well," he laughed, "Now I know that you're feeling better. Why don't you get some rest? We have to wake up early and pack for the tour."

You nodded and let go of Joe, the leftover tears were dried to your face.

"You're really pretty, (Y/N)."

"Shut up," you laughed. "I just cried my eyes out."

"It's not like I'm lying," he said while you laid back down. Joe wrapped his arm around you and you both fell asleep.