Andy Imagine: Hey Baby, I Wanna Know If You'll Be My Girl

You got on the bus with your band uniform on and your hat in your hands.

You grabbed the last seat to yourself and you were glad. You always hated sitting with other people, especially on the bus.

You got settled and pulled out your phone and earbuds.

Then, a boy came on the bus. He was the new kid, Andy Hurley and of course he had nowhere else to sit.

You sighed to yourself and scooted over, waiting for the awkward boy to sit with you.

"Do you mind?" He asked, his voice coming out softly.

"Of course not," you smiled. "My name is (Y/N)."

"You're a clarinet, I presume?" He asked.

"Yeah," you nodded, "A section leader too. How could you tell that I was a clarinet?"

"Your lips are too small to be a brass player, and your hands aren't calloused to be percussion, and you don't have a bad tan line from a neck strap so you aren't a saxophone."

"Smart, you're a percussionist. I just know because I always see you practicing in the band room during lunch. I also go in to practice but I always hide in a side room."

"Maybe we can practice together on Monday. It's good to hear what goes with what."

"True," you agreed. "Yeah, I'll practice with you."

"Sweet," Andy said while the bus began making its way from the school parking lot.

The bus was full of band kids laughing and singing, and you were one of the ones singing quietly.

"You have a beautiful voice," Andy complimented.

You got nervous and apologized, "I'm sorry, I didn't know I was singing that loud."

"No, don't be sorry, you're very good. Are you in choir?"

"Yeah," you told him, trying to change the topic. "I'm in there with Patrick and Joe."

"I heard my name," Joe said while peering over the seat.

Joe played sousaphone and was very good at it. He was the only sousaphone player though, which was sad, but he's very talented with it.

"It's nothing, Joe. I was telling-"

"Andy, I see that you met (Y/N)."

You have both of them a confused look.

"We're friends," Andy told you, "Along with Patrick and Pete."

Patrick played trumpet. He was a shy player, but like Joe, he was also very talented. He just has to get out of his shell before playing.

Pete was in color guard. He tried out as a joke but got in and he loved it, so he stayed. It was kinda hard to point Pete out because he blended in with his long hair and eyeliner.

"They're my friends too!" You exclaimed. "Maybe we can all hang out after the game."

"We can take Patrick's car," Joe whispered.

"Joe, whatever stupid stunt we're pulling, you're not taking my car," Patrick grumbled tiredly.

You looked through the crack between the seat and the window and saw Patrick, half asleep and propped against the window.

"No, can we take your car to Taco Bell?"

"No."

"Pretty please," you pouted while fluttering your eyelashes.

"Fine," he sighed.

"Thank you," you said happily, making Andy smile.

"How far away is this school?" Andy asked.

"An hour and a half away. It's our away game. It sucks, really, but I love long band bus rides."

"Alright, band, hats!" The director yelled as everyone put their hats on.

"We must be here," Andy said while looking out the window.

"Yeah, let's get this over with."

~

"Be back with two minutes left in third quarter!" The director instructed as everyone began to scatter.

Pete and Andy were waiting for you, Joe, and Patrick at the bottom of the stands.

"About time," Pete mumbled.

"Shut it, Baton Twirler," you growled in a joking way.

"It's a flag!"

You all began making your way to the concession stands, joking and laughing.

You shivered as the air got colder and Andy noticed.

"Maybe we'll see if they have any hot chocolate."

"Hey, I think I smell love in the air," Joe teased.

"Shut up, Trohman!" You hissed.

Your face was red, but you couldn't tell if it was from the cold or if it was from blushing, but the boys couldn't tell.

Your group made it up to the concession stand, and like every other game, the line was extremely long.

"Why?" You whined while rubbing your hands together to make warmth.

"You can have my gloves," Andy told you while taking his gloves off.

"No, I can't, besides our gloves are thin and can't hold heat."

"Please," he told you, slightly pouting.

"Fine," you sighed with a smile.

~

"Alright, time to play Hey Baby," the director yelled.

The low-brass started playing and your job as a woodwind was to sing.

"Hey, hey, baby, I wanna know if you'll be my girl," you sang, slightly looking at a certain person.

Then the band repeated the first chorus and this time Andy looked at you.

"I wanna know if you'll be my girl," Andy sang while pointing to you.

"Me?" You yelled over the noise.

"Yes, you! Will you be my girl?!"

"Yes!" You yelled with a grin.