Pete Imagine: Runaway (2)

Reminder: the imagine is kinda based around the book Eleanor and Park because for some reason Pete reminds me of Park and I based the reader off of Eleanor so when you see a different name besides Pete and (Y/N), don't panic!

Pete ran his fingers through your hair as the sun began to rise. You felt what Pete was doing and smiled to yourself as the sun shone on your eyes.

"What time is it?" You asked groggily as you just laid where you were.

"I don't know for sure, but I assume it's eight in the morning."

"How far away is the town?" You asked while looking out the boxcar door.

"A few more hours. It's longer by train, you know?"

"Yeah," you chuckled while sitting up. You rubbed your hands over your face to wake you up. "Did you get any sleep?"

"Yeah," Pete told you while shifting his eyes to the side.

"Pete, you should sleep. I can watch for my stop."

"No, I'm fine. Insomnia and depression is one hell of a combination," he silently chuckled. It was a pretty damn attractive chuckle.

"Oh," you said quietly, "I'm sorry. I didn't know you had insomnia."

"You didn't know, it's fine," Pete said while scooting away from the wall.

"Do you want your hoodie back?" You asked him while taking the hoodie off.

"No, you can keep it, I have more back at my place."

You both sat in silence as the train still went in the direction of its destination.

"Why do you go back?" You asked quietly.

"Because Chicago's my home and I have friends there that count on me. I know that somedays it doesn't feel like it, but they let me know how much they care and I'm sure they would care about you too."

"Pete, your friends seem like nice people, but I don't know if they'll like me. I mean, I'm me and if kids at school hate me because of that then I'm sure everyone else will too," you told him with a frown on your face.

"I don't hate you for being you. You're nice and kind and sweet. There's no reason to hate you. You're loveable, (Y/N)!"

You blushed as you looked away and clutched onto Pete's hoodie. "Yeah, I guess."

"Listen, you should come back to Chicago with me. I know your home life may be hard but you can stay with me."

"You don't want to do that," you told him while getting on your knees and reached for your bag.

"Why not? Because it's charity? I met you a few hours ago, (Y/N), but I feel that I've known you a lifetime!" He exclaimed while you grabbed some more candy from your bag. You tossed some at Pete like you did yesterday.

"Fine," he sighed, "Then I'll go with you. I'm sure a new town wouldn't be so bad."

The train began to slow down and stopped. You saw a city skyline and it looked nice, but nothing was as beautiful as Chicago.

"You getting out?" Pete asked.

For some reason, you broke down. You ran and hugged Pete, not knowing what to do.

"Woah, hey, it's ok. It's ok. Don't cry, I got you. We can go back to Chicago if you want," Pete whispered while rubbing your back.

"I wanna go back," you wailed like a baby.

"And we can go back, we just have to wait. This train goes back to Chicago in an hour. Come on, sit down," he said while sitting you and him both down on the floor.

He held you in his arms as you cried. You always threatened to leave Chicago, but you couldn't. Chicago was home. Chicago gets your soul. (Sorry I had to)

"My Eleanor, my sweet Eleanor," he said softly. "Nothing's going to hurt you."

You sat there in Pete's arms, you breathed in his scent of Hot Topic cologne. You were falling in love with Pete by the minute. But why should Pete fall in love with someone like you? You were an Eleanor, you were poor, have a dad who didn't care, a stepdad who's an ass, you bought your clothes at Goodwill (Goodwill I want a sponsor, all the jackets I paint come from your place and they're masterpieces), and you were just the girl nobody liked.

Pete was like Park and you could tell. Somewhat cool kid, probably listens to a lot of grunge bands by the way he's dressed, he probably has a good and nice family, he has friends, and he's talked to you ever since you hopped in the train car.

"You ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine," you said shakefully. "Are we gonna see each other again after this?"

"Well yeah," he chuckled. "The offer's still up, you know? Staying at my place."

The train jerked forward and began to slowly go forward instead of going in the direction you came.

"(Y/N), come on," he said while grabbing your hand and pulling you up. "This train isn't going back to Chicago."

You grabbed your bag and the hoodie and jumped out of the boxcar with Pete. You landed on top of him in the grass and you blushed and quickly got off of him.

"So Plan B, we go into town, call Patrick to come and pick us up, it's all good," Pete said while standing up and brushing himself off.

"You want your hoodie?" You asked him again.

"Keep it, (Y/N)," he laughed. "I told you I have more at my place."

"How long until we get into town?" You asked while slipping the hoodie on. It still smelled like him.

"Looks like an hour, maybe two. We better begin now if we want Patrick to get us."

Pete walked up to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulders and you both began to make your way into the unknown city.