Pete Imagine: Runaway (4)

The two of you sat at the booth, talking about life while sipping on milkshakes and eating deserts.

"(Y/N), you have a little something," Pete said while pointing to a spot above his lip.

You tried to wipe it off but didn't get it. "Did I get it?"

Pete leaned over and got the whipped cream off of your lip with his thumb. "There I got it," he said quietly.

You both stayed there, looking at each other's eyes. You never realized how Pete's eyes were the color of whiskey.

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz!" Someone yelled, making Pete scoot away before he got caught.

"There you are!" A boy with a trucker hat and sideburns yelled while running towards the table.

"About time," Pete grumbled, "I thought you got lost."

"There's like five of these diners, it's not my fault you weren't specific," the boy shot back with a glare, but his look softened when he saw you. "Oh, you must be (Y/N), the name's Patrick Stump."

"Hi," you said softly while sending him a small wave.

"Great, now let's go back to Chicago," Pete said while leaving a five-dollar bill down on the table for a tip.

The three of you walked out of the diner and towards a somewhat decent looking car.

"You can ride shotgun if you want, Pete can always sit in the back," Patrick suggested.

"No, I'm fine, thank you," you said while getting into the back seat. You fastened your seatbelt as Patrick and Pete got in the front two seats.

"Where are you going, lost soul?" Patrick joked while looking at you in the rearview mirror.

"Pete's place, just for the night." You told Patrick while yawning.

"Why don't you get some sleep, we have a long way to go," Pete suggested.

You nodded and slowly went to sleep.

~

"Hey, wake up," Pete whispered while shaking your shoulder. You were too busy buried in his hoodie to even open your eyes.

"I'm going to steal your suckers," Pete whispered into your ear, his lips gently brushing against your earlobe.

"Not today," you groaned as you finally opened your eyes.

"There she is! We have arrived at the destination of Mi Casa Wentz, please enjoy your stay."

You unbuckled your seatbelt and thanked Patrick for driving you back.

"Hey, it's no problem," he told you, "A friend of Pete's is a friend of mine."

You nodded as Pete led you into his house, he held you up as you tried not to trip from being so tired.

"You can sleep in my room," Pete said as he stopped you from tripping over the doorstep.

"No, it's your room," you mumbled. "I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, come on, you're going to my room," Pete commanded as he carried you to his room.

His room had a bunch of grunge band posters hanging up and dirty clothes everywhere. He led you over to his bed and you fell onto the bed.

"Do you think we'll see each other again?" You whispered in the dark room, the only noise was the crickets outside and your and Pete's breathing and heartbeats. "Do you think our first goodbye will be our last?"

"You don't have to say goodbye to me ever," Pete quoted, "just tonight."

"Tonight, but not ever?" You asked with a slight smile.

"Not ever," Pete said softly.

There was more silence, more comfortable silence.

"Hey, Park?" You asked.

"Yes, Eleanor?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

~

You haven't seen Pete since that night. You stayed in Chicago but moved away from your parents. Every day you went back to the train cars, just to sit in the car and remember old times with an old friend.

Today it was raining so you pulled out the old red hoodie you were given so long ago and walked to the train cars.

The rain was warm on your skin, kind of like tears. You let him go, he was gone.

You made it to the fence and climbed it, running to make it to the same yellow train car. However, you weren't expecting someone to be there.

You slowed your walk and crept up to the person. The person, now being in your sight, you noticed that he had blonde hair with black roots. He was wearing a leather jacket and was somewhat small.

"What are you here for?" You asked making the man jump.

"I had to get away from my thoughts," he said while not even bothering to turn around. "What are you here for?"

"My family's driving me insane," you replied.

The man turned around with a smile, "Told you that we didn't have to say goodbye forever, only for that night."

"Pete!" You yelled while running and hugging him, he picked you up and spun you around, causing you both to laugh.

"My sweet (Y/N)," he said while holding you close. "My god, you're still gorgeous after all this time. How have you been?"

"I moved away from my parents but I still live in Chicago. I never left after that night, you were right, this place is home. How have you been Mr. Rockstar?"

"It's gotten better. We're about to go on tour soon, which is nice. Patrick and Joe are married and they have kids now, Andy's still Andy."

"Aww, congrats to them. I bet they're amazing fathers. You guys coming to Chicago?"

"Of course we are, Chicago's special to us, for many reasons."

"What's your reason?" You asked while moving closer.

"It's this girl who has a thing for Eleanor and Park, suckers, and (F/F) milkshakes."

"She sounds very familiar."

"Yeah. Hey, wanna take another ride?" Pete asked while pointing towards the train car.

"Do I!" You yelled while running towards it, "Race ya!"

"It's on!" He yelled as he chased after you. You made it to the open side door and jumped in. Pete followed behind.

"Beat you," you panted as you scooted back against the wall. "I rightfully claim a prize."

"A prize? That wasn't discussed."

"It is now, Wentz, I want a surprise prize."

"Ok, close your eyes," Pete said as you shut your eyes.

You felt his lips on yours as your cheeks got hot.

"You still act like a schoolgirl with a bad crush, you know that?" Pete joked as you opened your eyes.

"Shut up, I waited forever for that," you admitted.

"I did too, now how about that retro diner?"