Joe Imagine: Body Positivity

You were so self-conscious it wasn't even funny. You would always spend an extra five minutes in the bathroom just silently insulting yourself in the mirror.

"(Y/N), I really have to pee," Joe whined while knocking on the door.

"O-one minute," you said while panicking. You grabbed a shirt and threw it on, but what you didn't realize was that the shirt was an old crop top that you were going to give away.

"Sorry, Joe," you whispered while leaving the bathroom.

You sat down on the bed as Joe slammed the door shut. You looked down and almost cried.

Joe never saw you without a shirt. Joe saw your stomach just now, and was your anxiety was through the roof.

You got up and started searching for a shirt, but you couldn't find any because you still needed to do laundry.

You began to cry as you aggressively searched for a shirt, but Joe came out and saw what a mess you were.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Leave," you whispered while pointing to the door.

"No, why would I do that?"

"Joe, just leave!" You yelled, your back faced toward him. You weren't going to turn around until he left.

"You should wear crop tops more often," Joe complimented.

"No, Joe, now please leave," your voice cracked. You wouldn't dare turn around.

You heard Joe's footsteps come close and he spun you around.

"Why are you crying?" He asked softly. "Did I do something?"

"You wouldn't understand," you said confidently, but failing.

"Patrick was the same way, you know that? He would not face us while changing and always shower last."

"Well, I can't be like Patrick, can I?! Patrick was able to lose weight, I can't! I tried so many different ways, each one failed!" You yelled, not at Joe, but at yourself.

Joe lead you to the bed and sat you down. You buried your head in your hand as you can feel his eyes on you.

"You're so goddamn gorgeous, (Y/N). I mean, you take my breath away every time I see you."

"Yeah, because I'm a whale," you scoffed while tears fell down.

"No, you're so gorgeous. Have you seen the way you look in the light? It's so breathtaking. The way your eyes sparkle when you talk, amazing."

"Joe, you're mentioning everything that I'm not worried about," you sniffed. "I'm fat!"

"You women," he joked, "You never do listen, do you? I'll leave if you want me to."

"Please," you told him as he kissed the top of your head.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs," he told you as he left the room.

Little did you know that Joe was watching from the outside. He was going to praise the hell out of you.

Joe saw you slowly take off the shirt, he heard you sigh and came back in the room.

You didn't have time to process anything as Joe tackled you, making you fall on the bed.

"Joe, no!" You yelled while thrashing around, "Please! You can't see me like this!"

"Shut up, you're beautiful! Just listen to me, please. (Y/N), calm down!"

You gave up and laid on the bed, with no shirt on, Joe hovering above you. Tears pricked your eyes as Joe scanned your whole body.

"(Y/N), listen to me, I didn't want to do this, but you wouldn't listen to me. You are so gorgeous it's ridiculous. And if words can't get through that pretty head of yours, maybe actions will."

"W-what are you doing?" You asked as he leaned in closer to you, you weren't scared of what Joe was going to do, but you were scared what he was going to see and realize about you. He planted a soft kiss on your lips and began to trail down.

He gave you small kisses on your neck, your shoulders, and your chest. The kisses weren't lustful, instead they were full of love and care. He stopped at your abdomen and smiled.

"And this," he sighed with the smile still on his face, "this is nothing to be ashamed of. You are absolutely stunning in every possible way. You're so beautiful I can't stand it and I question how I was able to get someone as gorgeous as you. I'm nothing compared to you. You are a queen, an actual goddess, and you should never be ashamed to show yourself to me. I love you so much and I can't stand to see you hate your own body. I love it in every way. It's so perfect."

He planted a small kiss on your stomach and you giggled through your tears from Joe's speech.

"Did (Y/N) (L/N) just giggle?" Joe gasped playfully.

"N-no," you denied while looking away.

Truth be told, you were already feeling better about yourself. How didn't think your stretch marks were gross, he didn't think that you had to lose weight. No. Instead, Joe was praising you and giving you butterfly kisses all over your upper body.

"Joe," you giggled again as he continued to leave more butterfly kisses all over your stomach, "That tickles."

"What was that?" Joe teased. "Something about pickles?"

"No," you laughed, "That tickles!"

"Do you believe me now?" Joe asked while laying down next to you.

"Joe, I don't think I'll ever be able to love myself, but with you, you make me feel better. You don't want me to change. You don't," your voice began to crack, "You don't think my stretch marks and rolls are ugly. You don't think I should go to the gym because of my size. You think that I'm beautiful."

"You are beautiful though, you really are. And don't worry, I'll always be here to make you feel better about yourself," he told you while tracing the stretch marks that lined your hips.

"And I'll always listen when you do," you smiled.

"So, does that mean I get to see you in a bra more often?" He asked while placing his head in the crook of your neck, his hair in your face.

You laughed and moved his hair away from your face, "We'll see, Trohman, we'll see."

So while listening to What A Catch, Donnie on repeat for hours, feeling bad about myself and being in a Trohmosexual kinda mood, I made this because let's face it, we all need some Joe Trohman body positivity in our lives, yeah? Now I'm gonna go and continue to look at the scale and feel bad about myself. Remember if you want a request of any kind don't be afraid to ask because I'll happily do it. Peace.