Chapter 6

The following week was not that bad. Brendon and I started becoming kind of friends and it made the evenings at Greg's pretty ok. Of course I still have to deal with the raising eyebrows from David when Brendon waves to me in the halls and the weird looks I get from my friends when Brendon puts his hand on my shoulder when walking by my lunch table as a small 'hello'.

"I swear to god Indie if you guys do anything I'm going to be -seriously- judging you." Lola said taking another bite of her pre made organic salad.

"Relax, I have a boyfriend...remember? Plus he's not my type at all." I picked up my piece of pizza and was halfway through a bite when all the girls started to stare at me then looked above my head with hateful glares. I turned around and was greeted by Brendon standing right behind me.

"Remember. It's Friday. Greg doesn't need us today." He said giving a small smile.

"Oh thank god," I sighed. "I can binge watch cheesy 80's movies all night" I laughed. Me and Brendon discovered the other day our love for 80's movies was mutual. Brendon laughed and looked down at his shoes for a second then quickly looked back at me.

"Well, see you there tomorrow," he said walking slightly backwards giving a small wave, "ladies!" He waved to rest of my table smirking. He knew their hate for him and it only fueled his ego more. My table stayed silent for a second all looking at me.

"I've proven my point." Lola said then got back to eating and looking at Instagram models promoting some tea that will magically get your stomach unnaturally flat. I sighed and pulled out my phone and texted David.

Indie: Don't have Greg's tonight. Wanna do something tonight?

David💕: sorry babe. I got plans. Maybe some other time?

Indie: yup. Totally

•••

I sat in bed having changed from my school clothes into pajama shorts, an oversized band tee, and fuzzy socks with my hair thrown into an oh so original messy bun. The Breakfast Club was pulled up on my laptop. It was dark out and my homework was finished. It was time to start my marathon. I had just pressed 'play' when I heard rapid knocking on my door. My mom not being home yet left me to go see who sounded like they wanted to knock my door down. I opened the door to see Brendon push me aside and run straight into my living room. He rested his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

"Brendon What the actual fu-"

"Listen," he interrupted, " I was trying to buy weed from this dude just at the end of your street and the deal went south, so I just ran here and they're probably looking for me now so do you mind if I stay here for a bit?" He said panting. He was terrified.

"Yeah, sure but um....how do you know where I live?"

"The summer going into freshman year. My dad helped you and your mom move here when your dad...ya know...died? My dad made me help. I came here for three weeks straight everyday. Your address is practically drilled into my brain."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." My dad died in a car crash at the end of 8th grade. The whole town pitched in whatever they could to help. Brendon was nice to me for that whole summer.

"So" he started, his hands in his pockets. "You guys have any food around here or?" He looked in my cabinets and draws for anything edible, completely ignoring the pantry.

"Not really. We can make food though!" He looked at me raising an eyebrow.

"You know how to cook?"

"No...you?"

"I can make some mean waffles"

"Waffles it is then!" I laughed. He pulled up a simple recipe on his phone and we got straight to work.

Finding the ingredients and measuring them was easy. Apparently to Brendon, mixing them was the hard part. He turned on the electric mixer and instantly the flour formed a huge cloud leaving Brendon's face white with powder. We both burst into laughter and I got my phone out to Snapchat this beautiful moment.

"Number one chef here!" I laughed pointing the camera at him.

"Fuck off!" He laughed while flipping off the camera trying to wipe off his face. I posted the video to my story and set my phone back down getting him a wet towel.

"Here, here" I said wiping his face and laughing to the point of tears. His face was almost completely clean until we both got quiet, my hand still placing the towel on cheek. We stayed Like that for a minute or two. Just looking at each other. He put his had on my chin his thumb lightly touching my lip. He got closer and closer until-

"Hi honey!" My mom said walking through the garage door. Me and Brendon quickly separated and looked at her like a deer in headlights. She looked at me then looked at Brendon and smiled. "Brendon? So nice to see you again!" She said and hugged him. He snapped out of his gaze and hugged her back.

"So nice to see you too Miss. Tide." He said as she pulled away.

"Oh please! It's Carrie to you!"

"Well nice to see you, Carrie" he smiled. He was good with talking to people. Unlike me.

"Brendon was just over so we can work on our project for sociology, right Brendon?" I said and looked at him begging that he'd catch on.

"Oh-yeah- our project." He agreed.

"Got a little hungry I can see?" My mom said pointing to our mess.

"Yeah sorry about that, I'll clean it up when we're done" I said looking at the flour that now covered the counter and floor.

"Whatever you say! I'll be in my room if you two need me." She gave Brendon a small wave then walked upstairs. I looked at Brendon. He looked at me. We both started laughing at my moms god awful timing.

"Let's finish these fucking waffles!" I laughed throwing a small puff of flour at Brendon.

"Not on the shirt!" He said backing up then came back to help me finish making the food. After cleaning up we headed up to my room to eat.

We both flopped on my bed plates in hand. "You're just in time," I said turning my laptop back on. "I was just starting my marathon." We both smiled and I started The Breakfast Club. We sang along to the iconic opening song and Brendon threw his fist in the air mimicking Bender. Midway through the movie I took our now empty plates and put them on my vanity. I walked up to my bed again and Brendon leaned back on my pillows opening his arms.

"Cuddle with me, bitch" he said. I laughed and rolled my eyes sitting back on the bed leaning into him and was embraced with his strong arms immediately. After the first movie we then turned on Heathers which was followed by Beetlejuice. My phone buzzed and I looked at the screen to see a Snapchat from Lola.

Lola responded to your story!

I opened it.

Lola- seriously Indie?

I rolled my eyes and ignored the message, dropping my phone.

"Everything ok?" Brendon asked.

"Just Lola being a bitch. Nothing new." I sighed.

"You should come sit with my friends Monday. The only bitch there is Dallon. And that's only sometimes."

"I'm open to that idea."

"Hey, what time is it?" I picked my phone back up and checked the time.

"12:16 a.m." I said sitting up and turning around to face Brendon. "You should probably go. Your dads not gonna be happy."

"Your right." He said getting up and checking his hair in my vanity mirror. I walked him downstairs to the front door. "See you tomorrow Indie." He said walking out the door.

"See ya tomorrow, dickhead" he turned around and flipped me off laughing. I've never enjoyed being flipped off more.