Chapter 14

I hopped into Brendon's car wearing the usual denim shorts, oversized tee and black converse . Today was Thursday and for once I was dreading the day after because of one key detail: my birthday was tomorrow. I always hated my birthday. It was never how I expected it to be so I just stopped expecting things all together. I even think my old friends forgot about it because I never mentioned it but it felt rude to keep something from Brendon so I just blurted it out while he backed out of the driveway.

        "What?!" He said almost slamming on the breaks, "you're gonna be 17? And you didn't tell me sooner?"

        "I didn't feel like telling you. I hate birthdays. Plus it's not like 17 is special. It's the awkward in between of a drivers license and being an adult. It's the most boring of all ages."

         "Well someone's a ray of sunshine today." He said and continued to pull into the street.

        "Sorry I just really don't like birthdays. The only upside of this is that I won't feel like a baby for our grade." He Brendon nodded in agreement and we continued on our way.

•••

"What do you mean it's tomorrow?" Corrine said as I glared at Brendon for sharing the news to our whole lunch table. I elbowed him on the shoulder and he nudged me back.

"She didn't want to tell anyone because she apparently 'hates birthdays'" he said with finger quotes.

"We need to do something. You only turn 17 once!" Corrine said banging her fist on the table making Ryan's chocolate milk splatter all over. He frowned and looked down.

"I'll clean it up." He said sighing and walked off to get a napkin.

"Sorry Ryan!" Corrine called out. She looked back at me and Brendon who I was now thinking about murdering on the car ride home. "Anyway, we are totally doing something."

"Please, no." I winced st the thought of a big party just for me. No thank you.

"What if we just do something small?" Josh asked now helping Ryan clean up of the chocolatey mess.

"Maybe I-I don't know. I just kind of want to do nothing."

"Ok then, we'll see." Corrine smirked then smiled with her maroon lipstick. I sighed and looked at Brendon. He shrugged then went back to eating.

"Cheer up Moon Pie. They probably won't even do anything." He rubbed by back.

"God I hope so." I put my hands and my hands as the table went on to a new subject. Something about how Tyler broke a piano key, which I honestly didn't even know was possible.

————-

A/N: ok I am so so sorry this is another filler chapter. You're gonna like next chapter tho it's a G O O D O N E. Also thank you all for 300 reads. I literally gained 100 reads in what a day? That means the world to me. I love you all. <3