Chapter 8

A/N: hey babes! Sorry I've been kind of inactive. I've been going through a very hard breakup and as you can probably been guess I haven't been that happy but tonight I'm feeling ok!! I rlly like this chapter and I hope you guys will too ;)
————-

"Hey are you ok?" Brendon said grabbing my arm lightly as I walked past him going to put my stuff on the front desk at Greg's. I stopped in my tracks but kept looking down.

"I'm fine." I said pulling my arm away from him.

"Josh said he saw you crying. What happened?" I kept looking down scared I was gonna cry again. "Indie. Talk to me." He put his fingers under my chin lifting my head up so I was looking him in the eyes.

"Brendon." I said harshly, "It was nothing." I walked away from him and went to go grab a broom. We didn't have much work to do today so I was hoping to just lightly clean and get out if there in the next half hour. Brendon sadly grabbed some cleaning solution and a rag and started wiping the windows. We both worked in silence for an hour then started to pack up.

I went to my car and got in. I turned the ignition and my car made a weird clunky noice. I tried again and again just getting the sane noise and even some smoke. I got out and angrily swung open the hood of the car and was smacked in the face with a huge cloud of smoke. I walked away coughing with my eyes tearing. Brendon jogged over with a worried look on his face.

"Need any help?" He said looking in the hood of my car.

"I'm fine, thank you." I leaned into my car taking out the key and putting it back in, tuning it again. All that resulted from that was more smoke coming from the hood.

"C'mon, we can leave the car here for tonight. I have to meet with my band but I probably have enough time to drive you home." I stood there silent for a second thinking if it was a good idea. Then I started to think about David today. How he snapped. How he grabbed my arm. I could feel my eyes starting to tear up and I looked up at Brendon. He opened his mouth to say something but instead pulled me into a tight hug resting his chin on my head.

We stood there for a second. Me sobbing and him holding me. After a while he pulled away and looked at me, wiping away a tear on my cheek with his thumb. "This day has been shit." I said through the tears now crossing my arms.

"I can tell." He sighed his hands still on my shoulders. "Hey, let's just leave your car here and you can text your mom, and you come with me to my band practice. Some of my friends will be there and you can meet them! It will be fun!"

I smiled. "Fuck it." I laughed. "Let's go."

•••

"And he just snapped?" Brendon asked pulling into a driveway of a small old looking house, "just like that?"

"Yeah" I half laughed, "then he switched back. Just like that." I snapped my fingers. Brendon put the car in park and got out to then open my door. He put his hand behind his back jokingly acting my personal butler.

"Well, Miss Tide, he sounds like an extravagant dick." He mocked a British accent that might I add was terrible. We both laughed as we walked up to the front door and walked right in. Instantly you could hear instruments being tuned from the basement area. He led me downstairs and we were met with his group of friends. "Lady And Gents! We have a new guest!" He said gesturing to me making me blush. "Indie Tide!" They waved and smiled in a welcoming way instantly making me feel more comfortable. "You can sit on the couch with Corrine, Josh and Tyler have already taken the bean bag chairs."

I walked over to the worn purple couch which the red haired girl comfortably sat on. "Hey," She said, "I'm Corrine. Nice to meet ya." She smiled. She had in black skinny jeans and a nirvana crop top. This girl was cool.

"Hi! I'm Indie as you probably already know by my -grand- entrance." We both laughed then winced at the ear piercing sound of a mic getting plugged into a stereo.

"Oh trust me, I know you from more than your introduction" she said half laughing. I raised an eyebrow. "Brendon never really shuts up about you" She said quietly.

"I heard that!" Brendon said while placing a mic in the right position.

"I mean it's true!" Corrine laughed. "You're obsessed!"

"Am not!" Brendon shot back rolling his eyes.

"Oh yes you are!" Dallon chimed in making Corrine laugh more.

"I hate you guys" Brendon said focusing on the mic cords. My whole face was red as Corrine turned back towards me.

"So, have you ever heard them play?" She asked cocking her head towards the four boys with instruments in hand.

"Nope. My ears are Virgin to this." I said looking at Brendon checking his phone before putting it in his black jeans pocket.

"Well get ready. They're revolutionary." Music started coming into beat as Brendon almost nervously looked at me before signing.

"If I retreat, words, wars and symphonies
Make room we're taking over here
You're the galantine, cold and alone, it suits you well
Won't find me perching here again"

My mouth dropped. I knew Brendon liked to sing but I didn't know he was this amazing at it. Me and Corrine danced while sitting and laughed as we probably looked like crack heads. She stood up and held out her hand for me. We both got josh and Tyler to stand as well and danced to the words. Not to mention: none of us can dance. At all.

"Let's kill tonight, kill tonight
Show them all you're not the ordinary type
Let's kill tonight, kill tonight
Show them all you're not the ordinary type
Let's kill tonight"

Brendon smiled but tried not to laugh while singing. Our awful dancing gave the band more energy and once the song came to and end we were all dying with laughter.

Still laughing me and Corrine looked at the bean bag chairs then looked at each other and made a run for it. Tyler caught Corrine by the waist and held her close to him and she kicked and tried to squirmed away from him. Josh caught me and threw me over his shoulder. "Nope. Nice try ladies!" They said plopping us back on the couch.

"Fuck you guys! We almost had them!" Corrine laughed flipping them off. Josh acted like he grabbed the gesture and put it in his pocket.

"I'll save that for later." He smiled and got comfortable in his bean bag chair we worked so hard to get.

"This next song is called 'Don't threaten me with a good time!" Dallon said stepping back from the mic as the band prepared to start.

"By the way," Corrine turned towards me, "you're sitting with us at lunch tomorrow."