Chapter 18

A/N: I WAS GONE FOR TWO DAYS AND YALL ALREADY HAVE ME AT ALMOST 1,000 READS I LOVE YOU ALL

—————

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I thought to myself while getting out of bed and stumbling about my room. Today was the day I've been waiting for. The date. First, we would go to Greg's and do all of our work then we would head out to the movies. I stupidly decided to take a nap after school and woke up to Brendon calling me saying he's already at my house.

     "I am so so sorry just give me like 5 minutes!" I said putting him on speaker so I could speak while trying to get ready.

     "You're fine Moon Pie! Take your time!" He laughed through the phone. I took out my hair from its raggedy bun and brushed it out, dabbed on concealer and then quickly applied mascara, accidentally poking myself in the eye.

     "Fuck." I mumbled and blinked rapidly trying not to smudge anything.

    "How you doing?" He said.

     "Amazing." I smiled sarcastically. I looked in the mirror and sighed. The black crop top and checkered sweatpants are gonna have to do. I slipped on plain black vans and ran out the door taking a small bag with me.

   "Hey!" I said out of breath climbing into his car.

    "Sup, cutie," He said looking back to get out of my driveway, "excited for tonight?"

    "More than you know." I smiled.

•••

     After Greg's we settled into the theatre. It was almost empty which honestly made things so much better. Commercials were playing and me and Brendon where getting endless snapchats from our friends about our special night. Soon enough the movie started and everyone went silent, turning their phones off and looking at he big screen.

    The movie was about some alien boy sent down to protect the earth. It was kind of dumb but I didn't care at all. I loved being with Brendon dumb movie or not. After about an hour and a half the movie was over and everyone started to get up. Me and Brendon both looked at each other and laughed.

     "That was the dumbest movie I've ever seen!" He smiled.

     "Yeah like seriously? Did he have to kill his 'brother?'" This made Brendon laugh harder and his eyes tear.

      "C'mon lets get out of here." He said and stood up. He took my hand and helped me stand just to be a gentleman. We started to walk away until he turned around. "One more thing." He said and pulled me into a kiss. Now wearing normal shoes and not platform boots I actually had to stand on my tip toes. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "The fall dance is in three weeks. Usually I hate dances but, you wanna come with me? The group will probably come too."

       "Of course!" I said and kissed him again.

      "Excuse me ma'am, sir, we need to clean the theatre." I worker said. We looked at each other again and left.

     Time to go dress shopping! I thought.