Chapter 9

Bling! My phone rang. I reached for it already half knowing what it would say.

Brendon: here!

     Brendon had been taking me to school for the past week since my care broke down. Unfortunately the old thing couldn't be revived. Not a surprise considering it's life span. Anyway, it was going to be a while before I get a new car so Brendon volunteered almost desperately to drive me. It was honestly pretty nice and made my mornings ten times better. Not to mention we have the exact same taste of music: MCR, Queen, FOB, AC/DC and so many others.

      "Got you coffee!" He smiled while holding out the iced drink in front of me as I got into his car. "Extra milk. Just like you said."

      "You are a god" I sighed with relief then took a sip.

      "So, do you think David's gonna give you any less shit today?" David hasn't been so pleased about me spending even more time with Brendon but after the fourth time of him bringing it up I told him to suck my dick if he doesn't trust me enough to spend more than two hours with a another boy. I know he just wants the best for me but it seems like he's losing his mind.

      "I hope not. He doesn't like how I sit with you guys at lunch now either. It's not like he's ever sat with my friends so I don't get why it bothers him so much." I said looking at the rips in my jeans.

       "Well, if he does, I'll beat the shit out of him" Brendon said shrugging. I laughed as I turned up the radio which was now blasting 'kids from yesterday'. We sang along screaming and dancing as we pulled into the school parking lot.

•••

      I walked into the lunch room with my new group of friends and waved high to the girls sitting at the table I used to be at. They smiled and waved back but I could tell they didn't like the idea of me with these people. I felt kind of bad just leaving them but at the same time I fit in with  Brendon, Ryan, Dallon, Corrine, Tyler, and Josh so much better I felt like I didn't have to pretend to be someone around them. It was wonderful.

     "So," Corrine started, "there's a party tonight at some girl in my bio classes house. Everyone's going and I think we should stop by."

    "I don't know," Ryan said drinking chocolate milk. "Parties aren't really my thing."

     "There's gonna be booze!" Corrine said smiling sweetly trying to change Ryan's mind.

     "Fine." He said leaning back in his chair.

     "Meet up at my place? 8:00?" Corrine said looking around for approval.

      "Me and Indie have Greg's. Make it 8:30" Brendon said his moth full of pizza.

      "Swallow before you speak! That's disgusting!" I said. He leaned closing to me chewing. I laughed and pushed him away just as I felt a hand in my shoulder. The hand was David's.

     "Hey Indie can I uh, talk to you for a second?" He said his hand still resting on me.

     "Yeah, sure." He pulled me to the corner of the cafeteria which was not far from my table.

     "You've got to be kidding me." He said his hand now on my arm.

     "What?"

     "Not only are you sitting with them now instead of your actual friends but you're flirting with Urie practically in front of me?"

    "Flirting? David, Brendon is my friend. He will always be just my friend. You're worrying about nothing!"

     "Cut the bullshit. I see how you look at him. You don't trick me with you're little excuses"

    "David I-he's-I" I stumbled through my words as my eyes brimmed with tears. "I love you. You know that. He's just-"

    "You're a slut Indie. Face it." He pushed me back and started to walk away. I stood there frozen and sobbing trying to make sense of what the fuck just happened. Corrine was soon by my side asking me questions checking to see if I was ok. I wasn't. I looked at Brendon and he stood up quickly walking towards David.

      "HEY" he said pushing David in the back. David turned around quickly.

     "Oh look who it is! Her little boy toy!" He pushed Brendon.  Were they seriously gonna fight in the middle of lunch?

     They continued pushing and getting in each others face until a lunch lady soon intervened. Brendon day back down at the table next to my seat.

  "What the fuck did he say to you? Are you hurt? I swear to god I'm gong to fucking kill him after scho-"

    "Brendon. I'm fine. He just got a little mad. That's all." I wiped my tears with my sleeve and went back to eating my lunch trying as hard as I could not to think about anything but my food so I wouldn't cry again.

   "Are you sure Inds? If he's hurting you or anything we can always report him or something." Tyler said from across the table.

    "He's still my boyfriend not some women beater. I'm fine guys let's just drop it." I said waving my hand. Brendon's leg was bouncing on the floor and his fists were clenched. He was obviously not going to drop it.  I put my hand on his tatted, strong arm. "Please don't kill my boyfriend" I said quietly.

     "I won't," he said softly, "yet." I glared at him as he laughed at the last statement.  "Joking, you know that."

   "I know." I smiled, "now let's get back to the party talk. Please."