Chapter 12

I woke up with my head pounding. Last night was fuzzy but I still remembered everything that happened: Corrine's house, the party, David with Lola, and Brendon. My head was still buried in his chest and I was still hugged close to him. I could feel his heartbeat steadily pumping. I sighed and put my hands on my forehead. This shit was hurting.

     "You doing ok?" Brendon sleepily said being woken up by my movement. He pulled back a bit and sat up bringing me with him.

     "Head hurts like a bitch," I said now running my eyes sitting in front of him. "What time is it?"

     "10:00? 10:15? Somewhere around there. My phones in my pants pocket."

      "What the fuck are you guys talking about?" Tyler said getting up from the floor.

      "Well someone's a ray of sunshine!" Corrine laughed waking up as well. She jumped up and went to my bathroom washing her face and putting her tangly hair in a messy bun and jumping onto the bed sitting in front of me and Brendon.

      "How are you so...ok?" I said making more room for her and getting closer to Brendon till his arm was around me and we were both up against my wall.

     "I don't get hungover. It's like my superpower." She said matter-of-factly. "Who wants food?" Dallon and Ryan shot up which woke Josh up with them.

     "We do!" They both said in unison. Josh grunted and raised his hand up as a little ''me too'.

      "Great. Brendon you know the house and Indie is too hungover to get up. Get food with me." Corrine said pulling him up. They walked out and I sat on my bed waiting.

•••

Brendon's P.O.V.

    "Dude! You were so badass last night!" Corrine said grabbing granola bars from the pantry as I looked in the fridge for orange juice.

    "Thanks I try." She put the food on the table and joined me at the fridge trying to find any foods to cure a hangover.

    "You were all like WHAM then BAM!!!" Corrine mocked my punches and threw her head back like she just suffered a smack in the face. "And then you and Indie all cuddly this morning. Adorable!" She took all of the food and made the bottom of her t shirt a pouch by lifting it up by the seams. I threw all the food in there and took some plastic cups, bringing the whole jug of orange juice with us. "I give it three weeks." She smiled while starting up the stairs.

    "Three weeks till what?" I asked following her.

    "Till you guys start dating. Duh."

    "I doubt it. She just found out her relationship of 9 months was all a lie. Plus she doesn't like me like that. And I don't like her like that." I shrugged. Corrine stopped midway through the staircase and turned around.

     "Are you kidding me?" You're practically in love with her. And I've seen how she looks at you. There's NO denying something's there Brendon." She turned back around and continued back up the steps. I rolled my eyes and made a face at her that she -obviously- didn't see.

     Indie was just my friend. Yeah I cared about her but in a friend way. I knew I didn't like her like that even if being near her made me happy, or just being in the same room with her is enough for me to get nervous....but that's just because we used to hate each other and now we spend hours together almost everyday. There's no other reason but that. Right?

      I walked in and set the cups and gallon on her desk by my pants. I looked down. I forgot about the pink pajama pants. Pink wasn't my color. I poured Indie a cup and handed to her. She smiled cutely and took it from me. God she was adorable. Shut up, Brendon. Corrine threw the granola bars up making them fly around the room.

       "Hunger games!" She laughed. The boys lazily grabbed one and starting unwrapping it. I sat down on the bed again and got closer to Indie.

      "How's your head?" I asked her. She shook her head while taking a sip from the cup.

      "Still awful. Last night fucked me up." She said now holding the cup in her lap. I looked at her sadly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

      "You remember David right?" What he did?"

      "Yeah. How could I forget?" She said bitterly.

      "You remember how I fucked him up?" I laughed.

       "Yeah those bandaids all over your face remind me vividly of the whole situation." She smiled pointing to my cheek and my nose. My lip was busted too, hurts like a bitch. If I'm being honest my whole face hurts. We laughed and soon all the others were fully awake and adjusting to the pounding in their heads. Indie's phone started buzzing and ringing. Her face dropped when she picked it up to see the caller. "I'll be right back." She said and walked out.

•••

Indies P.O.V.

     "What do you want David?" I said sternly in the phone.

       "Baby, I'm so sorry I was just drunk and I don't even like Lola-" He started.

       "Save it. I don't give a shit what bullshit excuse you have right now." My eyes were quickly brimming with tears.

        "I -uh- I thought she was -um- you!" He said like he had just made up that sentence on the spot. Because he did. "I was so drunk I thought she was you! I love you baby!"

        "I'm not a fucking idiot. We're over ok? I'm not going to sit here and let you call me a slut, squeeze my fucking arm and cheat on me with my ex best friend just for you to beg for me back. You David can suck my dick." I hung up the phone and blocked his number. I also noticed the 20 missed texts from Lola with different variations of 'I'm sorry!' And 'We were both drunk!' Even a couple of 'it's not like you sit with us anymore anyway! You shouldn't care this much!' And blocked her too.

      I walked back into my room and everyone instantly started clapping and cheering. "You heard everything didn't you?" I laughed wiping my eyes.

      "HELL YEAH WE DID!" Brendon yelled throwing his fist in the air. "YOU WERE ALL LIKE SUCK MY DICK!" I sat back down on the bed as Brendon pulled me close and squeezed me tight. "That was amazing." He said quietly in my ear.

       "Well-Yeah-thanks!" I blushed hard. I wanted Brendon to never let go of me. Ever.