Chapter 16

The ride from Greg's wasn't awkward, but it was different. It was like there was al ball of electricity in between us that got bigger and bigger every smile we would give to each other and every lyric we would shout as it played from the stereo. We were happy.

That soon changed as we pulled into Corrine's driveway instead of my own. "Brendon, I told you I'd don't wanna do anything for my birthday!" I said furrowing my eyebrows and scaredly looking at him.

"Hey hey hey it's just a little thing our friends wanted to do. They refused to let your birthday go uncelebrated. It'll be fun!" He opened the door then opened mine helping me out this time with his arm around my waist. We walked to the huge doors and was greeted by a smiling Corrine.

    She ran up and hugged me squeezing me a little bit too hard. "Happy birthday, bitch!" She squealed and then led me inside by pulling my arm. I grabbed Brendon's wrist to make him follow and we were both led to the basement.

    "Hey it's Indie!" Dallon said standing up from the couch and extending his arms. I went up and hugged him.

    "Hey Dal, everyone!" I waved to the rest of the boys as they waved back.

   "We got you stuff!" Ryan said holding up a gift bag as the others did the same.

   "You really didn't have to you know." I said sitting down next to them.

    "Oh yes we did!" Josh said. "Open mine first!" He handed me a small gift bag. I took out the tissue paper and discovered a black AC/DC shirt.

    "Josh! I love it!" I said holding it up to me. He smiled and clapped a little. Dallon then brought me a box. Inside was a massive amount of chokers.

    "Corrine helped me pick them all out." He said as I looked through all of them in the box.

    "They're all perfect. Thank you Dal." I messed with his hair a bit and he swatted away my hand.

   "Indie! Here!" Tyler said handing me a plastic bag. "I didn't have time to wrap it. I also have no idea how to wrap things." He smiled and I laughed. He had gotten me black nail polish and black lipstick. "To make you even ore edgy!" We laughed and I hugged him.

    Ryan shyly handed me his gift bag. "I didn't have much time. I hope you like it?" I reached into the gift bag and pulled out a picture frame with a photo of all of us smiling and laughing. We took that picture the second time I hung out with all of them. Ryan set up the camera and we were all smiling and right as it clicked Brendon ticked me making me burst into laughter as all the others did.

    "Ryan, I love it." I said and hugged me tight. He froze for a second and hugged me back. What a sweet boy.

   "My turn!" Corrine said and gave a larger box to me. Inside was a bunch of clothes that I had once seen in her huge ass closet. "To up your grunge game. " she said then winked.

   "Love you girlie." I said and hugged her. Everyone stopped and looked at Brendon. I caught on and looked up at him too.

   "S-so it's not much but I-uh-here." He said and gave me a small box. I opened it up and was in awe at the small golden moon necklace. It was perfect. "They don't make Moon Pie necklaces so I tried my best." He said looking down at the ground. I ran up and hugged him harder than I ever thought I could. He laughed and hugged me back just as tight.

    "I love it." I whispered in his ear. He pulled back and smiled at me. The rest of the night we danced and sang and ate mass amounts of pizza. It was one of the most fun nights I've ever had, so I guess birthdays weren't that bad.

•••

    At around midnight Dal, Ryan, and Brendon has left because of a gig tomorrow they wanted to be 'well rested' for which left Corrine, Josh, Tyler, and I to sleep over. We hugged them and said our goodbyes then headed to Corrine's room. Thankfully we all fit on her massive bed.

   "I have news." I giggled once we were changed and cozy.

   "News?" Tyler said and turned towards me.

   "News." I confirmed. They all looked at me starting intently as I giggled and smiled. "Me and Brendon kissed" I laughed like a second grader who finally kissed her first crush.

   "WHAT?" They all said in unison. I nodded and they broke out into different variations of 'when', 'where', and 'why'.

    "It was today at Greg's. I was showing him the scar on my hand and it just happened!" I shrugged.

   "What do you mean it just happened? Was it nice? Are his lips soft? Did he kiss you or did you kiss him?" Corrine blurted all at once.

   "He just leaned in and we both kissed. And yes, they are very soft." I laughed.

   "He's been waiting forever to do that," Josh said smiling, "like for longer than you know."

   "So are you guys dating now?" Tyler asked hugging a pillow.

   "No I don't think so. We've never been on a date. It was just one kiss."

   "A kiss is a kiss!" Josh said. I hit him lightly with a pillow as we all laughed.

   "I mean if he were to ask me out I wouldn't be mad." I giggled.

   "By the way, where's their gig tomorrow? We should all go." Tyler said.

   "Um at a bar close to here I believe, the 'brewing guitar'?" Corrine said raising an eyebrow trying to think.

   "Sounds cool." I said as others nodded in agreement. The rest of the night we laid around talking about dumb things like why giraffes exist and the meaning of life. My heart was still beating fast as hell every time I thought about Brendon's lips on mine and I always caught my hand playing with the moon that was now locked around my neck. That boy is like a drug.