Chapter 20

Chapter 20

When I was younger, I want to be king so badly that people laugh at me about it. But now I am really king. - Gabe Collins, 20 years old. 

Chelsea's Point Of View

"Happy Birthday to Gabriel." Angela sings, jumping on Gabe's bed then landing on his stomach. "Ouch!" Gabe got up, "happy birthday Gabriel." I say. "It's Gabe." He corrected me. 

"Happy birthday Gabe!" Max shouted, blowing the blowhorn. "Gah! God damn it!" I hit Max's back as he runs off. 

"Come on, awards show starts in a while." I say to him. He groans softly, "Angela can be a soccer player, gosh." He stood up, clutching onto his stomach. 

>> 

"Tonight we welcome two singers of The Collins, two dancers of Skulls, Swaggerz and Unstoppables', two singers of Skulls. And a tribute to Rue Collins, is Chelsea and Gabe Collins!" 

The spotlight is on us, "tonight we sing favorite songs of Rue's. Most of them are from Leona Lewis, our family listen to your songs like every single day." Gabe says. 

"Rue is a teenager, she's a twin of Max Collins. She was really insecure because people in school kept mocking her, but then Max Collins, he encouraged her, said some pretty nice things about her. She was gorgeous." I say, and then I lick my dry lips. 

A place to crash

I got you

No need to ask

I got you

Gabe started the verse. 

Just get on the phone

I got you

Come and pick you up if I have to

What's weird about it

Is we're right at the end

And mad about it

Just figured it out in my head

I'm proud to say

I got you

I grab onto the microphone, ready for my verse. 

Go ahead and say goodbye

I'll be alright

Go ahead and make me cry

I'll be alright

And when you need a place to run to

For better for worse

I got you

I got you. 

"We're having a birthday party in a carpark?" Hayley raises her eyebrows oddly at our younger brother. "Yeah, it's always have been my dream, it's just that Mum keep rejecting it." 

"You're an odd little dude." Jake declares, "look, I found a shopping cart." Michael says, running with it. 

"Wait!" Lea jumps into it, "okay, go!" Michael runs the fastest speed he go. "Yeah!" Lea cheers. "Gabe, you wanna try?" Blake asks, coming in with another cart. 

"Hey, I wanna try too." I say, "too bad, I am the birthday boy!" Gabe quickly jumps in. "Come on, grunge princess." Alex says, pushing a cart in. 

"Wait a minute, it's queen, dude. It's Queen." Brandon says, "Madame." They raise their eyebrows with amusement at me. 

I chuckled, "we have such a funny friendship." I say, jumping in. Alex begin running. "You got the cake?" I ask, "yeah, it's in Hayley's car." He replies, spinning around.