Forty

Dean's P.O.V.

I walked back to the motel, unlocking the door and dropping face-first onto the nearest bed.

"You ok?" Sam chuckled and I ignored him.
"Where's Y/N?" I sat up and looked at him weirdly.

"She hasn't got back yet?" Sam shook his head and worry crashed into me like a truck.
"She left the bar almost an hour ago, before going to apologise to that kid."

"What kid?" Sam asked suspiciously.

"The weird one that was talking to her earlier at the bar. I scared him off and Y/N got pissed." I ran my hand through my hair, standing up.

"Y/N's a big girl, she can handle herself. Maybe she stopped off at a diner or something?" I shook my head.

"No, we got food earlier. I'm going out to look for her. It's getting late and Y/N was right. There's something weird about this place." Sam sighed and looked at me.

"I'll stay here in case she comes back. Text me if you find her." I nodded my head and walked out the door.

Y/N's P.O.V.

I woke up with a groan, my head aching and my whole body in pain. I tried to sit up, but something was wrong.
Opening my eyes, everything looked bigger and I stumbled back in shock when I saw the large H/C wolf looking at me. It took me a moment to realise, but there was no wolf, only a broken mirror.
I began to panic and tried to move towards the end of the alley, but I was pulled back by a collar that I had barely noticed before now.

"Y/N?!" A familiar voice called and I pulled at the chain, but it was useless.
"Y/N?" I tried to call back to the voice, but it came out as a desperate whimper. I tried again and again, but only barks and whimpers came out.
Someone stopped at the end of the alley, before coming towards me and I pulled against the chains more as I recognised the figure as Dean.
"Sam!"

"Dean?" Sam appeared at the end of the alley and Dean slowly approached me.
"What the-? What's going on?" I let out another whimper and I looked Dean in the eyes.
He hesitated for a second, before kneeling down.

"Two barks for yes, one bark for no." Dean said suddenly and Sam gave him a weird look.
"Y/N?" I barked twice, pulling at the collar once again.

"Y/N?" Sam repeated and I barked twice again, in attempt to say 'yes'.
"What happened? Dean how did you know?"

"Those eyes, man. And how often do you see a giant freakin wolf chained up in an alley?." Dean laughed awkwardly.
"We've been looking everywhere for you, Y/N. Do you know what happened?" I whimpered, feeling exhausted and sore.
Somehow, they managed to pry the iron collar from around my neck and Dean awkwardly hugged me.
"I don't know what happened, but we're going to fix this. Sammy, go and get the Car."

"Dean-" Sam begun, but stopped before leaving. Dean pulled out his phone and stood up. I sat awkwardly, confused and ready to pass out.

"Cas, we found Y/N." Dean said suddenly.

"Is she alright? Safe?" I heard Cas' voice come from the phone and I put my head down slightly.

"She's safe, but we've got a problem." Dean looked at me carefully.
"Y/N is a wolf."

"Wha- Y/N is a wolf? As in werewolf?" I tried to talk, but it came out as an irritated growl.
"Oh, Y/N is a wolf."

"Yeah, you heard that?" Dean asked and the familiar sound of the Impala's engine caught my attention.

"Yes. She doesn't sound too happy, do you know what happened?" The impala pulled into the alley and Sam got out, a very pissy looking Rowena was sat in shotgun and I internally groaned. How long was I out?

"Cas, I'll call you back." Dean hung up, before looking in between me and his precious car.
"Oh no."

"Y/N, I don't know what you're supposed to look like right now, but you don't look too great." Sam said, before holding his hand out to me.
"Do you mind if I...?" I rolled my eyes and nodded my head and he ran his fingers through the thick fur that covered me.

"Sam." Dean said harshly and Sam stopped, holding a handful of fur around my neck, where the collar was. I made a sound that was similar to a growl and a whimper and Sam immediately let go, raising his hands. Sam, Dean and even Rowena looked horrified when they saw the blood smudged across the younger Winchester's hand.

"Y/N, you're bleeding?" I tried to shrug, but I almost fell over.
I knew the blood was from the collar, but it's not like I could talk or complain.