The Truth Hurts

~Emily POV~

I started to drive home. Ali probably had left my house by now. I pulled into my driveway and went up to my room. I was debating if I should have a drink when I opened the door to my room and saw Ali standing by the door, expectantly. Great, I wasn't ready to tell her.

I walked past her and laid down on my bed and turned away from her.

"Em?" She asked, gently.

"What?" I managed to get out, my voice raspy.

"What happened?" She asked, cautiously, rubbing my back.

"Don't worry Alison, it's nothing."

She sighed. "It doesn't seem like nothing. Please Em. I'm here for you. Nothing could stop me from caring about you."

"Don't be too sure. " I replied, sadly. Tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Please, Emily. I want to know what's bothering you. I want to help you. I lo-" She stopped.

I wanted her to say it. I wanted to know if she really loved me before I told her the truth.

She started to play with my hair. "I love you, Emily Fields." She said, confidently. "And I want to know what wrong, because I care about you. I can't stand to see you so broken."

That was the truth. I was broken. I didn't want anyone to know what happened the night the picture was taken. I wouldn't be able to live with the consequences, considering my super religious family. They would all be so disappointed. I would lose everybody I cared about.

I looked her in the eye. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely. I don't want to see you like this." She responded sincerely.

I decided I should tell her. She's my first love and right now, my world.

~Ali POV~

"Are you sure?" She asked, nervously, turning around and looking straight at me.

"Absolutely." It sounded like she was asking if we should go all the way. This must be really serious. I hope she's not under the impression that I won't love her anymore if she tells me her secret. It can't be that bad. In some weird way, I'll know if she loves me if she tells me what's wrong. It's personal, so if she tells me, it means she really does care for me, because she's not just going to tell any random person this story.

She takes a deep breath. There are tears in her dark brown eyes. I lay down next to her and hold her in my arms and she snuggles into me. I start to play with her hair again. After a few minutes she starts to talk.

"When I was a freshman, I decided to see if my mom would approve of me being a lesbian. After a failed experiment, it was obvious she did not approve of homosexuality. I became really depressed and I-"

She trailed off and started crying.

I held her even tighter. "Hey, it's okay." I whispered. "You don't have to tell me."

"But I want to. I need to tell someone." She said, calming down. "I became depressed and started cutting everywhere and drinking excessively and doing drugs. Eventually, enough was enough, and I clued in my parents about what I was doing because didn't have enough courage to tell them straight to their face."

I kissed the top of her head. "Baby, it's okay. I don't care what you did years ago. I still love you. And you aren't self-harming or doing drugs anymore, right?"

"Right. But that's not the whole story, though. My doctors said that I needed special treatment, so I moved; I moved to Rosewood so I could go to Radley Sanitarium." She confessed. "The reason my dad got a transfer over here was because of me, not because of the odds. I'm sorry I lied."

I lifted her face up to mine, and looked her square in the eye. "Em, its okay. I just don't want you to go back to your old ways, okay?"

"Okay." She said, relieved I didn't run out on her.

I leaned down and pressed my lips gently to hers. She immediately kissed me back and rotated her body so she was on top of me. We stayed like that for a little while until I decided to roll around, not breaking the kiss, so that I could be on top. I ran my tongue along her lower lip and she let me deepen the kiss. It was amazing. I felt fireworks. We started to kiss harder, our tongues fighting against each other. I moved down to her neck and began to gently suck on her pulse point. Emily moaned quietly and I started to kiss her more passionately, biting her neck and soothing it with a stroke of my tongue. It was definitely going to leave marks. I started to get wet and I didn't want to go too far, to quickly, so I went back to her lips and kissed her for a little longer.

I rolled off her and intertwined her fingers with mine. She cuddled back up to me and we remained like that for what seemed like eternity. I realized that she left out something.

"Emily?"I asked.

"Yeah Ali?" She questioned.

I hesitated wondering if she wanted to talk about it. Was I going to fast? "What did the text say that made so frightened that you had to run away from me?"

And this is where I have to cut the chapter short. Finally I got to write the kiss. I was waiting for after Emily admitted what happened. But what was in the text? What was the picture of? Comment any suggestions or theories. Thank you for reading!! 😍😍

-Skye