Chapter 7 Life without Jade

Katelyn

It has been 2 weeks since Jade was attacked by Alvin and she still hasn't woken up. The girls and I have decided to stay on Berk so we are there for her when she wakes up, We sent mail back to Sunlake to let our families know that we were ok.

I had gotten a lot closer to Hiccup and Astrid and their daughter. I spent almost everyday with them and getting to know them. I did spend time with the girls but not nearly as much time as I did with Astrid and Hiccup.

I had also gotten a lot closer to Valka and Stoik these past few weeks and gave them company, which they were thankful for. Valka now felt like my second mother who I never had, she was so sweet and understanding. She accompanied me when I was isolating myself from everything else.

I visited Jade every day and told her what was going on around around the village. Jade would just lay there and not respond it was killing me from the inside out.

The girls also visited her but them were not there all the time like I was, they were out trying to preoccupy their minds. They came over every other day and saw her.

I sat at the table staring at my cup of yak milk, when will you wake up Jade? As much as I appreciated her putting her own life before ours she needs to learn that her life is valuable to.

I jumped as I heard the front door open. Hiccup and Valka walked in and saw me sitting at the table alone.

"Katie, sweetie why aren't you out with the girls? they are all out riding dragons" Valka said as her and Hiccup took a seat at the table.

"I can't go outside with Jade constantly on my mind" I said sadly.

I took a sip of my yak milk which was starting to go cold, gross!

"But Jade wouldn't want you hear worrying about her, come we'll go and take a walk" she said holding out her hand for me to take after she stood up.

I took it and followed her outside.

"I'll stay with Jade" Hiccup said cracking a small smile.

I nodded and followed Valka down the path.

💜💜💜💜

Hiccup

I watched as Katelyn and mom walked down the path. I stood up out of my seat and closed the door before going into the room Jade was in.

I looked at my sister as she lay still as a rock on my bed, I had been sleeping on the couch for the past 2 weeks as my sister needed my bed in order for her ribs to heal.

I sat down on a chair beside the bed and watched her chest rise and fall slowly. At least the good news was that her breathing had become more stable and steady. She was still as pale as snow, but I was hoping that she would wake up in the next couple of days.

I hated seeing my sister like this, she was so weak and defenceless. I don't know how Katelyn had the courage to spend most of her time in here seeing Jade like this, it personally heart broke me.

"Dad?" I heard a little voice call from the door.

I turned around to see Holly looking at me from the door.

"Holly, what are you doing here I thought you were with mommy?" I said as I walked over to my daughter and picked her up.

I didn't want her to see her aunt like this so I walked out the room and closed the door with my free hand.

"Holly?" I heard Astrid's voice say from around the corner.

"It's ok babe, she's with me" I semi-yelled to her as I walked to the kitchen holding Holly in my arms.