Chapter 16 Missing vol 2

Katelyn

Jade had now been missing for over a month now and Hiccup is freaking out. I don't think I have ever seen someone so on edge in my life. Even the smallest thing with cause him to freak out.

We have searched day and night for Jade but still haven't found her. Lisa's parent have gotten so worked up to the point I've had to tell them that Jade is part dragon. I didn't tell the girls that I told them though so no more stress gets built up.

"Guys it's getting dark we need to start heading back!" I heard Lisa shout as we flew over another island.

"We can't stop yet Jade is out there somewhere!" Hiccup shouted back.

We had been searching islands close to Sunlake to see if we could find jade but we've had no luck.

"Hiccup she's right it's getting dark and we'll never find Jade in the dark" Shannon backed Lisa up.

Finally Hiccup gave in a nodded before instructing Toothless to turn back home.

We flew back to Sunlake and landed by the stables. I dismounted off lightning shift and started leading her into her stall in the stables.

"You ok Katie?" I heard a voice ask me.

I turned around and saw Lisa's mother Ashley standing behind me.

I nodded saying that I was but really I was lying and only trying to convince myself that I was.

"Sweetheart I know you're worried about Jade we all are but trying to convince yourself is not good" she she before walking up to me and pulling me in for a hug.

"I know, I just wish we could find her already, she's been missing for a whole month now and I'm starting to think that she won't ever come back" I said still holding my arms around her waist.

"She will hon we just can't give up hope" she replied rubbing my back,

"How do you know that?" I asked pulling away and letting a tear slip out my eye.

"Because if there's anything you learn from being a parent it's that your kids love you no matter what" I heard Hiccup's voice say from behind me.

I turned and he approached me, wiping my tear away with his thumb when he got to me.

"She'll come back don't worry" he said using his finger to lift my chin up to his gaze.

"I hope you're right" I said and turned back around and saw that Ashley had put Lightning-Shift in her stall.

"Katelyn" I heard Lisa shout-whisper to me from behind Hiccup.

I looked past him and she gave me a gesture to follow them.

I nodded before giving a reassuring smile to Hiccup and running after them.

I ran after them until I reach Jade and Lisa house. They were all looking a little more hopeful than normal and I wasn't sure why.

"What's going on?" I asked as we all walked inside and sat at the table.

"We think we might have an idea of how we can find Jade but we can only be away for a day or two so my other and father don't start to worry" Lisa explained as she pulled out a map of all the islands near us and Berk.

"Jeez I haven't seen this thing since we were 15" I said referring to the map.

"Yeah it has been a long time since we brought this this out" she replied and shook her head to clear her mind.

"right we have searched all of these islands here" she explained pointing to four little island that are positioned between sunlake and Berk.

"But we haven't searched here on this big island called rockwave island, it's big enough to stay stationed there look a long while so I wouldn't be surprised if Jade hiding out there"