Chapter 20 Side effects

Hi guys sorry I haven't updated the last couple of days, just started school this week and it has been crazy but now that everything is back to normal I have sorted out my schedule to start writing again, anyway this chapter is dedicated to a friend of mine on wattpad who I have developed a good friendship with so thanks for that. anywho enjoy the chapter dragon riders.

1 week later...

Katelyn

I had been a week since we found Jade and I was attacked by that nadder, I was ok but I still had a sore hip from the spine and I wasn't as strong and fast.

I ran to the stables where Jade still was in dragon form while her wing was healing.

I saw her flapping both her wings slowly before giving Hiccup a gummy smile. she then saw me smiled even wider.

"Hi Jade" I said quietly sitting down and hugging her.

"She's now allowed to turn back into her normal-self" Hiccup said as I stood up.

I looked at him and smiled but he didn't return it.

"What's wrong?" I asked seeing the concerned look on his face.

"You're going pale again" He said and I suddenly started feeling light headed.

This has been happening a lot the past week, its the side effects of the poison still in my body from the spine that got shot into my hip.

"I do feel a little light headed" I said and felt myself start swaying on my feet.

Suddenly I started to fall back but a head caught me, stopping me from falling any further. I knew it was Jade but I didn't have the energy to say thank you.

I leant back against her as the room started to seem like it was spinning.

Jade let out a quiet and concerned warble at me, I must be as pale as snow by now.

"Katelyn you're getting more and more pale by the minute" Hiccup said picking me up bridal style.

"Let's get you home to rest" He said laying me down on Jade's back.

I then started bobbing up and down as Jade walked me home on her back with Hiccup walking by her side. Seems like the cast Hiccup created for her leg is really helping her a lot.

My eyes continued to blur in and out of focus as we traveled home. I heard Jade let out another concerned warble when Hiccup looked at me.

"She's fine Jade it's just the side effects of the poison in her body she'll be fine in a few days" He said, reassuring her.

Hiccup then reached his hand up to my face and wiped away the sweat that had begun to form on my right cheek.

I nodded as to say thanks since I didn't have any energy to talk. Hiccup gave me a sympathetic smile in return and I closed my eyes.

Jade made another concerned warble but I didn't respond so she let out another one.

"Jade let her rest she's fine" I heard Hiccup say as Jade continued to walk me back to her house.

I started to drift off to sleep and let myself relax

💜💜💜💜

I fluttered my eyes open, not feeling light headed and dizzy anymore and was greeted by a blurry blonde face.

After a minute the blurry face came into view and revealed Jade in human form.

"Hey honey are you ok?" she asked me running her hand down the side of my face.