Chapter 10 Welcome Back

1 week later..

Katelyn

It had been a week since my little break down at Jade’s house and I was currently with the girls riding our dragons since I hadn’t really rode Lighting-shift at all in the past 2 weeks and I felt really bad about it.

We were just playing around at the cliffs. We were just randomly jumping off the backs of our dragons and jumping into the water below, well the girls were I just stayed put on the back of Lighting-shift.

Sunlux was also with us, all we were really missing was Jade but I knew it would be totally stupid to have her come with us if she can’t even sit still without being in pain.

“YEAH!” I heard Lisa yell before looking down only to see her diving into the sea.

“Really?” I mumbled to myself

“Katie?!” Shannon yelled over to me.

“Yeah?!” I shouted back before flying up to her height.

“You ok?”

“Yeah I just wish Jade was here” I responded grimly

“She’ll be up and running in no time don’t worry, just give it time”

Suddenly two dragons flew past me at a high speed, the first dragon just made me lose my balance but the second dragon caused me to fall off Lighting-shift.

I screamed as I plummeted towards the sea before falling into someone’s arms. I breathed heavily trying at catch my breath again.

I looked up at my rescuer to see it was Hiccup. I finally breathed out a sigh of relief once I knew that I was no longer plummeting to my death.

“You ok? Didn’t mean for that to happen sorry” He said helping me sit up.

“Is she ok?” I heard a too familiar voice say.

Hold up, was that? No she can’t even walk how in the world was she meant to ride a dragon?

“Yeah she’s fine, probably shaken up but fine” Hiccup said looking up.

A dragon came down to our level, Astrid was on the back of stormfly but it wasn’t just her. Behind her was Jade. She was leant up against the seat as support but she looked more healthy and lively, she still had a bandage around both her leg, shoulder and arm but other than that she looked fine.

“Hey trouble, you ok?” she smiled at me.

I was still currently processing everything.

“Sunlake to Katie” She snapped me out of my little moment.

“Wh-what?” I shook my head.

“Are you ok?” She repeated

“Yeah, I’m shaking but I’ll be fine” I responded still feeling my heart beating rapidly.

“Jade?” Shannon called out coming down to out height with Sunlux beside her.

“Hey Shan” she giggled

“Katie are you ok?” Shannon asked me as Lighting-shift came up beside Toothless

I nodded before carefully jumping from Toothless back to Lighting-shift’s back. I patted her head and looked back up at Jade who was smiling widely.

I let out a huge sigh and laid down while my legs remained by Lightning-shift’s side (If you saw what Hiccup did in HTTYD 2 when he flew off you’ll know what I mean)

I closed my eyes and felt Lighting-shift start flying somewhere. I didn’t mind since she was probably following following the other so I kept my eyes closed.

I felt us touch the ground. I opened my eyes and rushed to get off Lighting-shift but as I landed my legs let out a wave of pain causing me to collapse.

“Katie!” I heard Jade as Hiccup ran over to me and helped me get back on my feet.

“You ok? What Happened?” He asked me making sure I was able to stand back on my feet before letting me stand freely.

“Yeah, my legs went to sleep” I silently chuckled.

I heard a low quiet growl come from Lighting-shift. I turned around and patted her head.

“I’m fine girl, just dismounted wrong” I reassured her before turning back towards Jade who was in Hiccup arms being helped off Stormfly.

Hiccup gently placed Jade on the ground, she smiled at me and I returned it.

I walked over to her and hugged her gently remembering her shoulder was still in really bad condition.

She hugged me back gently and then pulled away smiling.

“See, told you I was fine” She smiled.

I smiled back, Astrid came and stood by the side of Hiccup who was standing next to Jade.

“How’s your chest doing?” I asked

“Yeah, it twinges every now and then but apart from that it’s ok”  She replied.

“Come on we should get back to the village” I said before mounting Lighting-shift.

Jade nodded before limping over to Toothless. Hiccup picked her up and they turned to face us.

“We’ll meet you back at the village” Jade said as Hiccup mounted Toothless, Jade still in his arms.

I finally gave in and headed back to the village.