Chapter 19 Stable Injuries

Katelyn

I woke the next morning from a good sleep for a change, having Jade back has really helped me sleep at nights again. I still was shocked at what Shannon said to me last night.

I rolled out of bed, put my armour in and rushed downstairs and out the house.

I rushed into the stables and down into Jade's stable where I saw Hiccup working on her wing and Valka comforting her.

Jade suddenly saw me and her head shot up from her mother's lap. She gave me a gummy smile which I returned as I made my way over to her and Valka.

I sat down next to Valka and she gave me a hug before Jade placed her head on my lap.

"Good morning Katelyn dear" Valka greeted me and Hiccup head peeked over the top of Jade wing when my name was brought up.

"Morning you two" I replied running my hand over the top of Jade's head.

"What happened yesterday? I overheard you and the girls arguing about something" Valka asked me and I tensed up.

"I keep blaming myself for what happened to Jade and the girls think it's my fault too but they won't admit it and it's just eating me from the inside out" I explained looking down at Jade.

Jade head shot up and horror filled both her and Valka's faces. Jade pressed her forehead against mine, tears blaring in her eyes.

"Katelyn dear it could never be your fault, and the girls do not think that because it truthfully wasn't your fault" Valka explained to me and Hiccup peeked his head back over Jade's wing again.

"Mom's right Katelyn, you guys are just fighting at the moment because you are worried about Jade" Hiccup explained.

Jade and I looked back at her wing as Hiccup continued to stitch it up. I winced as hiccup pushed the pin into her wing but Jade didn't move a muscle.

"Jade doesn't that hurt?" I said gesturing to the needle in her wing.

She shook her head and looked at her mother who smiled.

I saw Hiccup start and soon finish wrapping her wing up in gauze before making his way towards me and Valka.

He sat next to me and ran his hand over his sisters head smiling.

Suddenly a pair of hands covered my eyes and pulled my backwards onto someone lap.

I gently removed the hands and saw Cobi smiling down at me. He bent down and pecked my lips before helping me sit up and heaving me onto his lap.

Jade gave us both a gummy smile which we returned before she looked to Hiccup's side.

We all turned around and saw Shannon, Lisa and Cam heading towards us.

Cam walked over and patted Jade on the head and Shannon and Lisa sat next to Valka.

I quickly got up off Cobi's lap and started to walk out the stable.

But just before I turned out of the groups sight a wild deadly nadder ran me over and hit me with one of its poisonous spines on the hip. I was thrown to the ground with ease and hit my head on the way down.

"KATIE!" everyone screamed in unison and Jade roared.

I could barely move and was crying on the ground uncontrollably.

Hiccup, Cobi, Cam, Lisa and Shannon came rushing to my aid.

Hiccup rolled me onto my side and widened his eyes when he saw the spine in my hip.