Chapter 17 Back home

Katelyn

I woke up the next morning to the cold air blowing in the cave.

I shivered before looking around at my surroundings and saw Hiccup and Astrid curling next to each other still asleep. I looked to the left of the cave and saw Lisa and Shannon curled up next to their dragons still asleep.

Lighting-Shift let out a quiet but concerned growled, sensing that I was worried about Jade.

I patted her neck and stood up, stretching as I did and rolling out of Cobi grip without waking him up.

I walked out the mouth of the cave and sat down on the soft grass overlooking the beautiful ocean.

"Jadeena where are you?" I whispered to myself sighing.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming at me from behind. Without thinking I swung my leg back round behind me, tripping the person over.

I turned around to see Hiccup groaning on the floor, oops.

"Remind me never to approach you from behind" he coughed.

"Sorry I didn't think, I'm just on edge" I replied running a hand over my forehead and helping him up.

"Worried about Jade aren't you?"

I sighed, nodded my head and looked down.

He pulled me close to him and placed his chin on my head as my head laid on his chest

"We'll find her I promise" I felt him say.

"I know I just wish we knew where to look" I said my voice wavering.

I didn't want to cry and seem like a wimp in front of Hiccup, it's a little embarrassing, even if I have cried in front of him before it was still a little embarrassing.

I felt my shoulders shake every now and then as he hugged me but I kept my composer.

"Katelyn I know you want to cry and I am not going to dis you if you do because letting it all bottle up inside you is not good so it's ok if you just want to let it all out" Hiccup said and I just burst into tears.

He rubbed my back as I sobbed into his chest. I felt better letting out all the emotion I have bottled up inside me for the past month.

"Hey Hiccup have you seen... Katie what happened?" I heard Cobi's voice approach us.

I felt Hiccup mouth something to my boyfriend before Cobi's came over and pulled am out of Hiccup's grasp and into his for a hug.

I started crying harder as he hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I faintly saw Hiccup leave so we could have some alone time.

"Katie?" Cobi said

"We will find Jade and when we do you will find a way to make things right because that's what you're good at" He explained while rubbing my back to sooth me.

I started to calm down but I still had really shaky breaths.

"Stay here I'll be right back" He said to me before pulling away and heading back inside the cave.

Suddenly I heard a dragon roar in the distance faintly, and it sounded like a nightfury and it sound like it was hurt.

"The others aren't up yet" I heard Cobi say as he approached me.

"I think I just heard Jade" I said turning around and walking past him and towards the forest.

"Katie how do you know if that was really her?"