Chapter 13 Childhood friends

Katelyn

The last for days have been very quiet, Jade has been very distant from the group and has been spending a lot more time with Hiccup.

My head shot up from my desk when I heard knocking at my bedroom door, I was jotting something down in my dragon journal.

I stood up and opened the door.

“Jade, what are you doing here stranger?” I smiled before hugging her.

“You might want to see this” She said before rushing back down the stairs with me not far behind.

We ran out my house and towards town center and saw Cam and another boy who looked very familiar but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who he was.

“Cam, your back” I said.

I rushed up to him and gave him a massive hug. The rest of the girls and I always give Cam hugs since we’ve known him forever.

“Hey Katie, you’ve cut your hair I see”

(A/N: If you remember from the first chapter I said that Katelyn had cut her hair, so that’s if any of you were wondering. Anyway back to the story ;D)

“Yeah, I thought I could use a change” I replied pulling away

“Looks good” Cam commented

“Thanks”

I stepped back from Cam as he walked up to Jade and gave her a kiss, on the lips

The rest of us wolf-whistled.

They pulled away and hugged.

“Maybe you two should catch up and update Cam on what’s been happening this last month or so” Lisa said referring to the whole dragon thing.

Jade nodded before the two of them walked off. We knew that Cam would except Jade know matter who she was or what she was.

I turned towards Cams’s friend and greeted him with a smile that he returned.

“You have no idea who I am do you?” He smirked and I shook my head.

“No I don’t but you do look familiar” I replied walking up to him.

“Cobi! I’ll be right back Jade wants to show me something!” Cam yelled at us.

I then completely blacked out.

I looked at my best friend as we ran down the pier to get back to town.

“I won’t let you beat me” He said as he sprinted harder.

“We’ll see Cobi” I yelled as I ran faster as well

We ran just short of the pier and turned to run towards the cliffs.

I suddenly tripped and fell forward, taking Cobi with me.

We fell onto the grass, I was on top on Cobi chest since he had somehow managed to turn himself over onto his back just before we fell.

“Very funny Ms, Bishop” Cobi said as I rolled off him and onto the soft grass

“I tripped” I said.

💜💜💜💜

(Later that year…)

“Katelyn I need to talk to you” Cobi said running towards me, he didn’t look happy either.

“What’s happened?” I asked

“I’m leaving” He said

Those words literally broke my heart, He was the only friend who had stuck by me since I was little, apart from Lisa and Shannon of course. (The girls are 9 and 10 here so they haven’t met Jade yet)