Chapter 23 losing hope

Jadeena

Katelyn has now been missing for 3 days and everyone is freaking out. There has not been a single clue to her disappearance and not one viking saw her again after the day she was with us.

"Well that's cleared it, she's not at any of these island" I said looking down at the map on the table.

We had all gather in the great hall to try and find out where she could've gotten to.

"We can't give up, she didn't give up when you were missing so you have to do the same" Lisa said taking my hand.

"I know I just wish we knew where she went?" I said dropping my head and sighing.

"We'll find her but in the mean time you have to tell Hiccup she's missing so he can help" Shannon suggested but I shook my head in disagreement.

"No he's got enough on his mind right now he doesn't need Katelyn too" I said sitting back down.

"Maybe so but what if he saw her fly over the day she went missing" she replied but I refuse to put this on Hiccup's shoulders.

"No we can do this, she has to be here somewhere" I said before looking back over the map.

💜💜💜💜

6 months later...

6 months, 6 months Katelyn's been missing and we still haven't been able to find a single clue to where she has disappeared to.

We have now had to call in the help of my brother because of how serious this has gotten. She has been missing longer than when I was missing.

"Jade we'll find her" Lisa tried to reassure me but being the stubborn viking I was didn't believe that in that saying anymore.

"We've been saying that for 6 months now, I just don't understand why we haven't even been able to find a single clue to where she is" I said getting frustrated.

I then felt a finger get placed under my chin and lift it up.

"Jade calm down, you know what happens to you when you get stressed and this is really not the place to be going dragon on us" He calmed me down and referred to the house.

My stress levels had also risen a lot higher and I was really on edge. Apparently I was more on edge than Hiccup when I went missing, if that was even possible.

I took a few breaths in and out my mouth to calm myself.

After I had successfully done so I sat down on the couch and placed my head in my hands.

Where are you Katie?

💜💜💜💜

1 year later...

(Sorry for the time lapse)

I don't know how much longer we can keep this up. I mean we haven't seen Katelyn in a whole year and the whole village is starting to think she is dead or is losing hope on her.

We barely ever see Cobi anymore since he has decided to try and find she himself. The rest of us have just been told to try and continue on with our lives.

The girls and I are also becoming stronger each day since we don't want to lose each other like we lost Katelyn.

I am now seeing my niece a lot more and am taking care of her while Hiccup and Astrid tend to their village meaning I am at Berk a lot more now, but in the back of my mind not knowing what happened to Katelyn is killing me.

We have all aged up as well so I am now 19 and so is Shannon. It's hard to believe she has been missing for a whole year and people are starting act like she never existed, it's pissing me off.

"Jade have you seen my saddle bags?" Lisa asked me as she came into the kitchen

"why do you need them we're not going anywhere are we?" I asked suddenly concerned.

"Remember, Its my turn to lead a search" She reminded me that she is in charge of the search for looking for Katelyn which I think it pointless because no matter how many times we try we still haven't found any clues to her whereabouts.

"Don't you think that we should just call it now, I mean we still haven't found anything after a year" I said sighing.

staying those words killed me but I knew it was for the best.

"No I don't think that actually because she didn't give up looking for you so why are you giving up on her?" she asked and I sighed again.

"All I'm saying is that she has been missing for a whole year and I'm even starting to think that she may be dead or not wanting to come back"

"You don't really believe that" Lisa responded.

"I do actually, a year Lisa, one whole year we have been searching and haven't found a single thing I have the right to start thinking she's dead" I explained even though I could tell that she didn't want to hear this.

"Look I haven't got time for this, I have a search to lead think what you want" she said before walking up stairs to find her saddle bags.

Oh Katie if you are alive where are you?

💜💜💜💜

Hi guys sorry for the short chapter I have exams next next and yep you know what that means study, study and more study but I will be back in 2 weeks. Sorry

Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter and let me know what you thought

Thanks

Luv ya dragon riders

Tia 💕💕💕