Chapter 9 The story

2 days later...

Katelyn

I woke up and rolled over to see Lisa and Shannon still asleep and lightly snoring. I rolled out of bed and put on my amour before heading down stairs.

I wasn't really hungry so I didn't bother having breakfast I just wanted to see how Jade was doing.

I left the house and called Lighting-shift over. She landed in front of me and I patted her head. You would think you couldn't touch a skill but it turns out that they won't zap you if you're not a threat.

I mounted before flying off to Hiccup's house. I got to the house and saw Valka outside with her dragon CloudJumper.

"Morning Valka" I said after landing.

I dismounted and hugged her.

"Morning my dear how are you today?" She asked as I pulled away

"I'm ok, just worried about Jade that's all"

"Well Hiccup's just talking to her at the moment so in the mean time let us take a walk" He suggested and I agreed.

We walked along the village and into the forest. We were talking about how Hiccup found Valka and what it was like for the both of them.

"Hey Valka can I ask you something?" I asked as we walked out of the forest and towards the cliff.

"Anything dear" she replied, sitting down on the grass.

I joined her on the grass.

"What happened the night you disappeared, like how did it happen Jade never told me"

"I thought she would've told you" She said shocked.

I shook my head.

(A/N: The next part of the story is heading a little bit off the story of HTTYD, Jade is my own character so there would have to be a different backstory for both her and Hiccup, so yeah)

💜💜💜💜

Flash Back

Narrator's P.O.V

Hiccup was 6 at the time and Jade was barely 1, this was in the time was dragon raids happened every other day so the two siblings were constantly in danger.

Young Hiccup ran inside after a building exploded behind him and ran towards Valka and hid behind her.

Valka held baby Jade in her arms as Stoik rushed down stairs and grabbed his helmet before turning towards his family.

"Stay inside with the children, I'll be back" Stoik said to Valka as he left.

Valka rushed up to the window and watched in disgust as dragons were getting slaughtered right in front of her eyes.

Valka knew she had to do something so she handed Jade to Hiccup and told him to go into his bedroom and protect his sister.

Hiccup nodded his head before rushing into his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

Vakla ran outside and grabbed a vikings hand just as he was about to behead a dragon.

"Stop! You'll only make her worse!" She yelled and the viking gave her a death glare before walking off.

Before Valka could do anything else She heard a cry come from her house.

"Hiccup!" She gasped before running into her house.