Chapter 18 Recovery

At dawn...

Jadeena

I woke up to the whimpering and heavy breathing of someone beside me.

I turned slightly to my left but with no energy this is difficult. I saw Katelyn was the one heavily breathing and whimpering in her sleep.

I then realised she is having a nightmare and weakly nudged her hand with all the strength I could muster.

Kateyln then let out a blood curdling and heart breaking scream as she woke up, she starts crying the minute she wakes up and buries her head in her knees and continues to cry.

I let out a worried warble and Katelyn looked at me, revealing her tear-stained face.

I tried to nudge her hand again but I couldn't muster up the strength so I just placed my head right next to her hand.

I then felt movement coming from the other side of my neck and hear Lisa groaning, the movement of my neck and head must have woken them up.

Shannon then started to stir next to crying Katelyn. they both saw Katie crying and looked at each other before looking back at Katie.

"Katie what happened?" Lisa asked her but she didn't respond instead she nuzzled herself up to my neck and cried harder.

I let out an even more worried warble at my best friend and pulled my neck weakly towards her slowly and carefully as she cried into my neck.

"I think it would be best to drop it for now and leave them alone" Lisa suggested and Shannon agreed

They both gently hugged my neck and said they think it would be better if they went to sleep with their dragons while Katelyn is like this.

I nodded my head and they left my stable.

I looked back at Katelyn and saw Katelyn had stopped crying but her breaths were still as shaky as hell.

I started to feel to feeling of sleep start to pull me under so I gave into it and started to fall asleep.

"Jade?" I heard Kate ask quietly just before I fell asleep.

I weakly and tiredly open my eyes and met Katie's gaze.

"You're going to be ok aren't you?" she asked, her voice wavering.

I nodded and placed my head on her lap.

I then realised she had a nightmare about me dying because of the mess I am in at the moment.

I gave her a reassuring warble and she cracked a smile before leaning back against my neck and falling asleep.

I to closed my eyes and fell back to sleep

I cracked my eyes open to be greeted by blur and muffled noise.

My eyes soon adjusted and I saw Hiccup, Astrid and Lisa's parents faces come into view.

I don't bother panicking about Lisa's parents knowing my secret because they deserve to know and I was just too weak.

"Jade honey are you alright?" Lisa's mother Ashley asked me as she ran her hand across the top of my forehead.

I warbled reassuring at them and she smiled before standing up. I then heard Katelyn start waking up.

I glanced back at my best friend before seeing Hiccup go round to my Broken leg and place a bandage beside it.

He gently bent my leg back into place and wrapped the bandage round it to help it heal.

Katelyn gasped out in agony and looked away into my neck as he did this.