Chapter 21 What really happened?

Hi guys so this is a continuation from the last chapter, the chapter was just going to be too big if I added this part to the last chapter. This chapter is dedicated to someone who has stuck by me the whole time I have been writing this book so thanks so much for that. anyways enjoy the chapter.

💜💜💜💜

Katelyn

I opened my eyes slowly to be greeted by the warmth of Jade's arms and the bottle in the middle of us which was still hot, thank thor.

I looked up at Jade who was looking down at me worriedly.

"How you feeling?" She asked and I nodded before slowly sitting up, keeping my body rested on hers.

I looked up and saw Hiccup give me a small smile. He stood up from his seat and moved to towards me before placing his hand on my forehead gently.

"Well you're still a little cold but not nearly as cold as you was" He said pulling his arm back and sitting back down on his seat across from us.

"I can feel Jade's body heat now though" I said resting my head on her arm.

A knock was then heard at the door, Jade gestured for Hiccup to go and get it with her eyes before HIccup got up from his seat and opened the door.

"Hiya Hiccup is Lisa here?" Shannon's voice was heard from the door.

Hiccup let her in and she smiled when she saw Jade as herself again but it soon faded when she saw me.

"Katie was wrong with you? You're pale" She said rushing over to me and Jade before placing her hand on my forehead.

"And really cold" She added before looking at Jade.

"It's not nearly as bad as it was about half hour ago" Jade said before a random chill came over me causing me to shake and worry everyone in the room.

"Are you going cold again?" Jade asked panicked.

"No it was just a random chill, I'm fine" I said closing my eyes.

"What do you mean not nearly as bad as half hour ago?" I heard Shannon ask before Jade sighed.

"Her body temperature just sudden dropped and I couldn't even warm her up" Jade explained.

"Ok now I'm really lost what do you mean not even I could warm her up?" Shannon asked again and I felt Jade arm move from my side causing me to open my eyes.

Jade reached her hand out for Shannon to take, which she did.

"Whoa you're on fire" She commented and Jade rolled her eyes.

"Is that like the phrase of the day 'you're on fire'?" She giggled before resting her arm back in between me and her.

"Why are you so hot?" Shannon asked worriedly.

"My dragon half allows me to do that, I can heat up my body on command and that's what I did for Katie but I could heat her up no matter how hot I got" She said sighing.

"That's actually pretty cool" She smirked.

"This situation reminds me of when Alvin attacked me and Katie was always looking after me" Jade commented and I chuckled silently.

Hiccup then came over and sat back down in his seat.

"You do know that Katelyn never left your side when you were in that coma don't you?" Hiccup said smiling and the rest of the girls nodded.

"Yeah I know" Jade said nodding before rest her head against mine.

"Jade?" Lisa asked and Jade looked over at her and lightly nodded.

"If you don't mind me asking what happened when you ran away?" She asked and I felt Jade tense up.

"Lisa!" Shannon told her off.

"What!?"

"You know Jade won't want to talk about that" She replied hitting her on the arm lightly.

"No it's ok, I should really talk about it, well at least to you guys" Jade sighed and I sat up, worried about her.

"After I ran away after the attack I flew to Rockwave island knowing that it far away enough from Sunlake and Berk and I could survive there. I thought it was safe but I was proven wrong when a tribe of vikings sailed onto the island and saw me. I was in dragon form at the time to protect myself but they thought that I was just a dragon and started attacking me. I then realised that it was daggur who had launched the attack because the vikings had berserker crests' on their amour. Daggur then appeared out of nowhere and attacked me. He broke my leg while his men sliced their swords through my wings and my body to stop me getting away. I then used the anger built up inside me to throw them all off me and make a run for it but I couldn't fly so I crashed and thought I was just going to die from blood loss but Katie and Hiccup found me several hours later"

We all looked at each other in shock think that vikings would go that violent to get a dragon.

I tucked my head into her shoulder as she wrapped her arm around me as I kept replaying to story in my head.

"Katie it's fine I'm safe now and have come to conclusion that what happened before that wasn't my fault" Jade said running her fingers through my hair.

"We're all just glad your home and alive" Hiccup said taking Jade's hand in his.

Hiccup then turned her arm over to reveal the scar she got from when Alvin attacked her.

"That's faded quite a bit" He commented and she smiled.

"So has the one on my neck" She said and Hiccup lift her head up slightly to reveal the scar on her neck which had also faded as well.

"Wait so Daggur attacked you?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, why?" She replied.

"That's now two attacks Jade's had launched on herself" I said thinking of a crazy idea in my head.

"The first one was planned the second one Daggur didn't know who I was though" Jade tried to explain but even in her voice she sounded unsure.

"I know but something tells me he did know it was you" I replied looking down as I thought back over my theory.

"He didn't know it was me and I am sure of that" Jade said persistently.

I nodded but deep down I knew something was up with that attack.

"Look I'm going to go and get a drink" I announced suddenly feeling how dry my throat was.

"Do you need help?" Jade asked and I shook my head before getting up slowly.

Hiccup grabbed my arm and helped me get on my feet. When I was stable I left the room and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water.

I took a sip and sat down at the table while thinking to myself. I'm going to find out what Jade is hiding even if that means getting myself into danger to do so.

💜💜💜💜

ohhhhh Katelyn thinks that Jade is hiding something. what do you think going to happen?

Sorry for the short chapter I thought It would be necessary to split the next part of the story up.

Thanks for reading

Luv ya dragon riders

Tia 💕💕💕